Strange visitor

Shyla awoke around midnight. She didn't know what woke her, but she was wide awake and very alert. She saw that there was a silver sliver of moonlight coming through the balcony door she left open to allow the cool night air to make the stuffy room more bearable. She was staring at the beam when her blood went cold.

The smooth, unwavering beam now had a shadow slicing the middle. Shyla was scared, but she was somehow drawn to see what the shadow maker was. Walking as quietly as she could, Shyla approached the window. As she got close enough to see a small part of the balcony, the shadow maker seemed to disappear off the balcony, allowing the moonbeam to shine in full silver glory. Not wanting to lose her visitor, Shyla ran out onto the balcony to see where they had gone.

She saw a figure running into the woods, running over the dry leaves dropped by the trees. Even though they were running over a potentially noisy patch of leaves, they made no sound, none what so ever. It seemed like her visitor left without a trace, but something caught her eye.

A little silver pendant seemed to glow in the moonlight just next to the window ledge, and Shyla picked it up and awed at the detail. It was shaped like a wolf's head when it is howling, it's eyes closed and mouth slightly parted. There were lines engraved to be the detail of the fur, and even the teeth had been added. Whoever owned this certainly paid a pretty penny for it, and was on her balcony. She turned it over and read the back. The words 'Noble wolf' were engraved in bold but elegant letters. This would make it a little easier to find her visitor in the morning.

Suddenly overcome by tiredness, Shyla decided to head back to bed, she would find out what, or who, was on the balcony tomorrow. Sleeping deeply for the remainder of the night, Shyla was going to make it her mission to find out the owner of this peculiar detailed trinket. But that was tomorrow's worry, and she slept soundly while the moonlight dances around her room like a ballet dancer adorning a silver satin dress, dancing to silent music only her and the moon could hear.

Authors note
Chapter 2 done and read. Hope you like it so far :)

SHOUTOUT: chill_binton for your awesome drawings, always cool to see them.

VOTE OF THANKS: To my mom, for typing up this story for me because I was to lazy to type it up again from the draft. And to my editor, Collin_Bladesly , really don't know what I would do without you.

Vote, comment and enjoy my book. See ya