Chapter 19

(Kiera's POV)

When we were in the car I was leaning again Carl. His heart was beating so fast. Like mine. Well we just ran a mile afraid of the possible killers following us. I hope their not following us. I can't believe my dad was gonna kill me right in front of Carl. "I'm sorry about him." I said. "You kidding I should be sorry for making you talk to me outside in the first place." "But he's my father." "No he's not." He said. Yeah. He wasn't himself. We didn't speak for the rest of the trip. "Where are we going?" Carl says finally breaking silence. "Away from here." Rick says. I'm kind of scared. Were gonna die if we don't find somewhere to go. Then all the cars stopped. "Were gonna rest here for the night." Rick said. I was already half asleep on top of Carl so that wasn't hard to do.

(Carls POV)

As Kiera was sleeping I played with her hair. I wish we could have lived a normal life together. That would be perfect. We could go out to dinner or the movies or just hang out at our houses. "Dad?" I said. "Yeah?" "What did you do when you were a teenager?" I asked. "Why?" "I just wanna know what it would be like to be a normal one in a normal world." "I'm sorry you couldn't experience that but it was stressful." "Are you just saying that because I didn't get to be....." "No Carl it was very stressful. Fun at times but stressful would be the best fit." "Oh." "Don't worry Carl. You'll live a nice life with Keira." "Maybe." "Trust me. You'll be safe." "Just like we were yesterday?" "Carl stop it. We weren't in control of that." "I know." "That's why we're leaving." "Whatever." "Are you mad?" "Yeah! Because I can't go a day without worrying about what's gonna happen next weather if it's a good or bad thing! Kiera means everything to me and if I fail her then I fail myself and my life is ruined." I said. My dad was silent. "Be happy you have someone like her to call yours and to be with you for as long as she can." He said. He had a point. I have to look on the bright side.