Part 5

Not being able to see things must be so much worse. At least I can see hearts but blind people only see a black void. I still hate this. Having to rely on my ears is so hard. "Where are we?" I ask. It's quieter here and not many people are around.

"The back of the school," Cael mutters. "You won't get bullied here."

"They are evil," I tell them. I then sent a message to the Zima, mentally, asking for her permission to annihilate them. For a few minutes, there is no response and I stand quietly, listening to the two of them converse in their language. Then, I get her answer and I am disappointed. She declines and said that they deserve a second chance. Did Noir deserve one? I sigh. The both of them stop talking.

"Sorry. Um..Cael is going to head to his class, while I take...you where you want."

"Don't you have class?" I ask.

"I do," he answers bitterly. "But I wouldn't live to see tomorrow if I went there. The money was only to get them to leave. They would find a reason to beat me up. It's better to face them later on after they have calmed down." I feel anger bubble inside me. He lived in so much fear. Why were humans so cruel sometimes?

"Fine. But...you should tell someone."

"Don't tell me what to do. Also, it's none of your business. Bye, Cael. I'll see you later. Stay safe." He says the last words with such a grave tone, I worry that he is sending Cael off to war.

"Thanks, Cael!" I exclaim and he leaves.

"So? Where do you want to go?"

"I...I need..." I trail off. I couldn't just tell him I had plans to kidnap him. But then again, I did not have much time. "Are you hungry? I am. Is there a place to eat around here?" I blurt out. One thing about Skiels was that we didn't consume anything at all. We didn't need to. I figured that I would drug his drink with the potion I had brought along.

"Um..yes. I guess I could take you there," Heros says, and I can tell that he is smiling. "Let's go."

I choose a place where there are fewer hearts present. It is the only subtle way to kidnap Heros. On our way, I had pried information from him. His full name was Heros Eze and he stated that he was fifteen years old. I was taken aback when he said this because his maturity was impressive at such a young age. He had continued talking about something called Europe, how he used to live there before, and I had nodded at intervals to avoid sounding uninterested. Now, I stand behind him, listening to him talk to someone. "What do you want?" He asks, momentarily pausing his discussion with the person I presume is a female.

"I want to try your food...and see if I like it...I don't like a lot of foods."

He chuckles. "You mean to say you are picky. Alright then. That's all for now. Come, A...? Sorry, what was your name?"

"Azura."

"Jina nzuri."

"What? I don't understand your language." He grips my arm and pulls me someplace and makes me sit.

"Oh, yes. I keep forgetting. I said it's a pretty name."

"Thanks."

"What class are you in? I have not seen you around school...and I know everyone because of...them."

A silence drags between us. I clear my throat. "Uh...I'm in..class ten," I say some number and hope that it is credible.

"Oh. Where were you before?"

"Europe."

"Oh?" I note the surprise in his voice and the underlying suspicion. "Where in Europe?"

"I-" I have never been this happy before to have been interrupted by someone.

"Your order." I slip the potion into my hand and keep my hands hidden under the table. He thanks the woman in his language and pushes the glass towards me. I reach out and touch the glass and simultaneously I let my weapon drop out of my hand. It clatters to the floor. I flinch at the noise.

"Oh..dear. I'll get that." I hear his chair being pushed back, and I wrap my hands around the glass. I silently pour two drops of the potion and push it back towards him.

"I don't like it." The potion disappears from my hand. "Thank you." I feel the weapon being placed on my lap.

"No problem. That's a heavy walking stick," Heros comments.

I nod and wait for him to drink the beverage. He hasn't noticed and I am thankful for that. "You know," he pauses. I hear him sip the drink noisily and hold my breath. One, two, three. I hear glass shattering and immediately get up and grab Heros. He's a little heavy...but as I'm not flying, it is not much of a problem. The hearts around me are far, but I hear footsteps come towards me. I snap my fingers and teleport us to my realm, not bothering to be secretive about this mission. This might as well cost me my life.