Part 6

A dark-skinned, shaved head, short boy lay in my arms. I feel bad, so very bad. Not only had I lied to him, but I had managed to kidnap him. I am sitting in front of the castle, the guards staring at me. I fumble as I pick Heros up and fly to the castle.

The guards give me a look, before letting me in.

"I did the task. I did as I was told." My voice reverberates off the walls. The room I am in is different than the one I was in yesterday. That room bathed in light from the openings, whereas this did not have any source of light except for our bodily glow.

"Yes, yes. I can see that," the Zima snapped. "Poor job. You alerted at least five other people. Now they are looking for the blind girl who appeared out of nowhere and a young boy who is a bully." She glowers at me and my gaze flatters. I shift my gaze to Heros, who is sleeping soundly. He has chubby cheeks and overall, he is a little overweight, but he is cute. "I'm not forgiving you. Your family is a curse to this land. Guards, seize her and throw them in the kehes. Keep them there until it is time to execute Noir. Then, we'll see what is to be done. Oh, and wake him up." She turns around and flies away, her head held high. The respect I had for her is gradually being replaced by anger and hatred. Curse to this land? How could she compare me to my mother? I had barely stayed with her. Everyone knew that. And throw me in the kehes? It was a special place made for Skiels who were to be punished. We cannot teleport out of the place...and the atmosphere there is so bad that it takes us longer than it would take for a human to heal.

Hands grab me from behind and I thrash and kick, but I am overpowered. They drag me and teleport me to the entrance of the kehes. "Let me go! Let me go!" I shriek.

It's of no use. They feel nothing. I am dragged deeper into the kehes and thrown inside a cage. Heros is gently placed next to me and he is awakened by another potion. The guards don't wait and leave immediately. The only source of light that remains is my glow. I take in my surroundings. Dull cave structure with rocks and gems embedded into it. The cage is a man-made structure that the crafters were ordered to make. I do not know if there are more of these. If there are, how many Skiels are here?

An ear-splitting scream rings and I look at Heros in confusion. "What?" His eyes look black in the dim light, but I can see that they hold horror. "What?" I ask again.

"Y-you're glowing!" He stammers and points a shaky finger at me. "Where...what? The cafe? Is this a prison?! No! Please, no!" He blabbers. I look at my arms and legs which are emitting a blue light and nod.

"I know. I can see that. Yes, we are in a prison." I had read about prisons. They were heaven compared to this.

"You can see? You lied! What did you do? Why are we here?!" He is shaking with terror and I reach out to hold his hand, but he pulls back. "Don't touch me!" He crawls away from me and sits in the corner of the cage, his head leaning against the cold, metal bars. I look at him sadly. I had lost his trust already and this was only the tip of the iceberg. He is rocking back and forth now. I slowly glide over to him and stand a foot away from him.

"Please listen. We are in the Sky Realm. I didn't lie to you...well not completely. I-we, Skiels, can't see on Earth...and well...I was on a mission...to find a-a human...to do a job. You can leave after that with no memory of it." I am fumbling with my words because of the tears in my eyes. I didn't want to do this.

"Quit lying and tell me the truth! Why did the police arrest us? What did you do?"

"Police? No! I'm telling you the truth! Please!" Heros stared at me blankly. Then, in the blink of an eye, he stands up and slaps me. A gasp leaves my mouth and my hand darts to my cheek as I gape at him. "Heros?"

"You are a liar. A filthy liar. You tricked me. You got me into this mess. What is this stupid job you're talking about?" His tone is no longer frightened. He sounds cold and angry. My cheek stings and the tears I had tried to hold back roll down my face.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. You have to....execute a criminal."

"Why do you need me for that?!"

"Because," I sniff, "we cannot kill our kind."

"I'm not doing this. I'm not killing an innocent...whatever you are." He turns around and sits back down, now facing the metal bars.

"That Skiel is not innocent! She's a criminal." I slump to the ground and sniff.

"I'm still not doing it. And what the hell? I don't believe you. I must be dreaming."

I take a shaky breath. "Just say yes. It would be better for both of us. You don't want to be tortured." I wipe my tears and hold my head in my hands.

"Tortured?"

I close my eyes. "Yes. If you don't agree. You will be tortured. They will hurt you and hit you until you say yes. The most unimaginable things are possible here...and trust me...over all that, you would choose death." Images of bloody humans flash before my eyes. The lifeless eyes stare at me, boring into my soul.

"Then help me. Get me out of here. Please. I cannot do this. I can't kill anyone. I'm too....," he trails off, trying to find a word that fits.

"I wish-" I am rudely interrupted by the arrival of guards. They open the cage and fly inside.

Kicking me in my abdomen, they send me crashing into the wall. The impact is so much that I cannot breathe. The guards don't even look at me and pick Heros up. He screams in a high-pitched manner and kicks and throws random punches, but the guards aren't fazed by his actions. One of the guards gives me another kick and then they drag Heros away.

"No!" I muster every ounce of energy I have left and yell, but it comes out as a croak. My voice is drowned by his paroxysms. I am left unheard in the dark place, alone. Please, Heros, just say yes.

***
A long chapter! Thank for reading! Also, what do you think so far?