18 - Riders of the Storm

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: NOT EDITED

After being stuck in the elevator for a couple hours, Liam finally managed to open the doors to the real world. What we saw when the doors open made our eyes widened in shock. A railroad track was centered in the middle of the hallway that seemed to stretch on for miles. When I looked to the left, I saw a message board that had other towns listed on it with numbers on the side.

"That's not creepy at all." I commented.

"We need tell Scott." Liam rushed out. "Come on, we need to hurry."

Before I could protest, Liam already started to pull me out of the hospital and into my truck. I didn't even know I owned one until the keys to it were pulled out of my pockets. Jamming it into the ignition, I turned the engine on and pushed onto the gas pedal before speeding down the streets. The whole town was deserted. It was creepy to say at least.

"Why do I need to go with you?" I asked, annoyance in my eyes. "Last time I checked I wasn't on speaking terms with Scott or Malia."

"Get over it, Carter." Liam snapped, looking over at me. "You shouldn't care about them. This isn't about trust or loyalty. It's about saving our town."

I placed my lips into a thin line before nodding. He was right. This isn't about us at the moment. It's about saving our town, our home. So when I pulled outside of the Preserve, I quickly got out and raced after Liam who was a couple feet ahead of me.

"Liam, do you know where you're going?" I questioned the werewolf.

"Scott and the others are in the bunker." Liam answered while running into the tunnels.

I huffed. "I hate running."

When we arrived to the part that Scott and the others were, we noticed that the door was halfway open when Liam made our presence known. Scott turned around and looked at us in surprise to see that we're still in fact in Beacon Hills. I guess he thought he would've been grabbed by the Ghostriders by now. Well, he thought wrong.

"Liam-"

"There's something you need to see." Liam cut him off.

"It's really important." I added.

"Carter. You're still here." Scott looked at us both in surprise. "How are you guys still here?"

"You weren't going to get rid of me that fast." I grinned, nodding.

When I looked over at Malia, I swore I saw her lips tug up into a smile. But as quickly as I saw it, it soon vanished. A frown appeared on my face, not because she switched expressions so quickly, but more because she's not on speaking terms with me. I don't know what to do. I'm not over the fact that she got mad at me for sticking up for my brother.

Liam looked at me before at Scott. "But everyone else is gone. All of them. They're all gone. Look, you have to come with me."

"What is it?"

"I can't explain it. I have to show you." Liam stutters quickly.

"Uh, alright." Scott looked uncertain before looking at Malia and Lydia. "You guys stay here, just in case."

"In case Stiles comes back?" Malia questioned.

"If there's any hope, you need to keep trying."

Once we arrived to the hospital, we went straight to the first floor where the train tracks would be located. Moving around corners and new hallways, we finally reached the place that Liam and I needed to show Scott. When I looked over at the True Alpha he looked surprised to see what was going on.