Not a normal day

A loud thud came from Danny's bedroom. It was Danny's alarm going off and him falling off. It was six in the morning on a Wednesday. School starts earlier for Danny because he has to set up the cameras for the class pictures. This wasn't a normal day for the young student. Not at all. He would usually wake up an hour later. He had to be there at seven and he'll miss his bus if he doesn't get out soon. The ride takes 30 minutes. Usually, he would read a book or play a game on his phone but this time something else stole his interest. Or someone. He gazed up to the buss door on his right where a young woman stepped in. Stacy Andrews. The geeky girl that surprisingly gets along with everyone. Even Danny. The problem would then be Danny stuttering and choking on his words and suddenly having to leave.
She stepped on the bus and something caught his attention. She was wearing a light pink dress and her usual converse. This was definitely not something she'd normally wear. She would often just wear a skirt or jeans with a shirt or sweater. To add to the weirdness she was an hour early. The rest of the students don't start before eight.
She caught a glimpse of Danny looking at him. She slowly strode over to him when Danny finally could talk. "You seem pretty dressed up for today, something big today?" He asked. "Well yeah of course. It's the yearbook pictures today. Aren't you supposed to be taking the pictures today?" she asked taking a seat in front of him. "Well..y..yeah that's why I'm so early, speaking of which. Aren't you supposed to come to school at eight?" He asked realizing that only the photographers were supposed to come early. "Just the students. Well I am a student..but didn't ms. Hart tell you that I was going to be helping you?" She asked leaning a bit forward. "No..I can't really recall. But that's..that's great!" He said looking over at the bus stop. Only two more left. "so how's the life of Danny Fieldman going?" Stacy asked sitting up straight. "How's yours?" Danny asked. "No I asked first", she corrected. " Well it's been good. Good grades, not a lot of homework to do, also got a-", he could say before he got cut off. "Jeez looks like you also get in fights", she said examining his jaw which was bruised after last night's patrol. "What! Huh? Oh that one..yeah I..I got it from falling off a tree. I was taking pictures of a sunset when I fell.", he quickly said hiding his bruise behind his shirt collar. The bus came to a stop when it arrived at their school. They both stepped off and started to walk over to the building. Being the gentleman Danny is he decided to step forward and hold the door open only to find out it was locked. The only door they could get in through without a pass code. "Great! It's locked", Danny let out a sigh of frustration. "What now?" Stacy asked leaning on the door. "I'll find a way in. You just stay here and wait"