Chapter Three

Lesley POV

Mill had asked me to follow Percy, because he was going to check on Enoch to make sure he was alright. Oh my bird, Millard was So sweet! Plus, he was mine. Argh! I keep getting sidetracked!

Anyways, I followed Percy to the loop entrance, my jaw dropping as he WENT THROUGH THE LOOP ENTRANCE! Enoch had told me that if you tried to get out, you woulds combust. Ohh, he was teasing me!

I followed him through, almost passing out because I held my breath the whole time. Every time he turned around, I ducked behind a nearby tree. When he sank down on a log and started sobbing and muttering to himself, I knew I had to help.

"Hey, Percy?" I said, while slowly walking up to him. He lept up and held up a cap pen in a shaking hand. There were tears streaming down his cheeks.

"O-oh. What are you doing here Lesley?" He asked, his voice shaking.

"Are you okay? I followed you to make sure you didn't die," I replied, "What's wrong?"

"I-nothing." he said, looking at the ground. I walked up to him, gently pushed the pen down, and wrapped my arms around him.

"Whatever it is, It'll be okay." I said, looking up at his broken, sea green eyes. Eventually, he gave in, hugging me back and burying his face in my hair, and I felt tears drip onto the wild brown mess.

"No, it won't. I can't stay... All I do is bring trouble to those I care about." he finally said into my hair. Then he shoved me away. "You should leave before something happens to you. Let me leave before something happens to anyone else." Tears formed in his eyes. "Everyone i'm around only dies."

"I can sympathize. My brother died and it was my fault." I told him, something that I had only told Millard.

"No. You can't." His words seemed to hurt worse than knives, yet I knew he was only trying to get me to run, so I didn't. "You weren't there." His voice started to raise slightly, "You didn't come up with a plan that failed. You didn't fail at saving your friends. YOU DIDN'T HOLD THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE IN YOUR ARMS AS THE LIGHT FADED!" His voice lowered to a horse whisper. "You didn't go to hell and back..."

"No" I said, trying to feel happy again. "I didn't do any of that. But that doesn't mean that you can just give up on us and run away! What about Claire? You promised her that you would have that tea party! And Jake! Do you not care about your own cousin!" Rage flared in his eyes.

"Of course I care! That is why i'm leaving! I feel like I am being torn apart between what I want and what needs to happen! Just let me go!" Then he ran, and this time, I couldn't catch up.

I started back to the house, and I realised that I would have told him everything from about my 5 sisters, how my brother died, how I sang and drew people to get money to bring my sisters to Florida, to how I was finally accepted into the peculiars. I had better tell Jake that his cousin ran away. I was afraid Percy was going to do something drastic, I mean, that crazy look in his eyes... When I reached Jake, he was talking to Enoch.

Percy POV

I ran as fast as I could away from Pip- I mean Lesley. Why did I have to be followed? At least I made my decision. I won't stay. I won't stay at this camp, in this town, or even this life. Everytime i'm around someone gets hurt. Eventually I reached a cliff. I stood there, staring at the edge. Wherever I go, i'm bound to meet someone, and put them in danger. I heard Tartarus' voice echo in my head. "Whats wrong half-blood? Afraid that your friends won't forgive you? I don't blame you, they probably don't." I just realised, that as I was listening to him, I had walked to the edge and looked down. It was a long fall, and this one had no water at the bottom. One step is all it would take. It would end. I would no longer hear the sounds of my friends dieing as I slept. Tartarus would no longer send me back there at triggers as when I first arrived. I spread my arms and was about to step off, when Jake's voice froze me in my tracks.

"Percy!" There was panic in his voice, and that was the part that seemed to stab at me like a knife. I put down my arms and turned around, but not once did I move away from the edge. Jake looked like he didn't want to believe it, like he didn't think I was this broken before. Enoch looked angry. Angry that I would make my cousin fear for me. Lesley however, was nowhere to be found. She must not have come. "C'mon man. Step away from the edge. Don't make me the only one from this time. What would your mom say?" He tried to reason with me. Enoch seemed to explode at this point.

"Seriously! You figure out that you have fucking magic and your first thoughts are these!? Did you even think about Jake? What the bloody hell is wrong with you! Is this what Piper and Annabeth would have wanted?" I winced when he said the word hell, but rage filled me as he spoke the names of my two best friends.

"I am doing this so none of you get hurt! When I get close to somebody they end up dead! Why do you guys even care? You've only known me for 1 day!" I raged. "Is it so bad that I want to be with them!? Maybe I want to see Zoe, Brekendorf, Luke, Ethan, Luke, hell, I even miss Clarisse! And she was a jerk! None of them deserved this. And I need to..." I trailed off as my cousin and his friend came closer. In the dark of night, it reminded me of when the Arai cornered Annabeth and I in Tartarus. My eyes drooped. THIS CAN'T HAPPEN! I WAS ABOUT TO JOIN THEM! The last thing I saw before falling into Enoch's arms was Jake's frantic and confused face and Enoch's surprised look. Just because Tartarus's torture doesn't show on my body doesn't mean it won't leave pain and a scar.

"Time to play Half-Blood... I got a new toy!"

**************************************************

This is the fastest I've updated a fic, EVER, as I have most of it already written. You guys/girls/my internet BFF's  are lucky.