Reasons We Love RM

Reasons We Love RM

Enjoy

* * *

Nafisa:

1) Gets philosophical when he's tired and confuses himself. Like that time when they hadn't slept for a couple of days when they were promoting Run and he had no filter and talked circles around himself and everyone else and read things wrong and it was an entire mess.

2) 2013 Namjoon vs 2018 Namjoon - the character development. Honestly, Namjoon has done and said a lot of questionable things in the past but I do believe that he is someone who has learned and understood why what he had done was wrong from the cultural appropriation to the use of the N-word but like, all of those mistakes and the capacity to apologise for them made him who he is today, the understanding and inspirational leader that is RM.

3) Likes hiking up mountains and biking along river banks and going on long walks through the city like some kind of anime nerd. He spends ages just admiring nature and looking at squirrels in the park and just being an angel like does it not getting tiring being that perfect all the damn time.

4) Taught himself English in middle school by watching the full 10 seasons of friends 3 times - to a level where he got 850/900 on a college level English test - again what a nerd. But also do you even know how hard it is to learn English as a foreign language but this man can joke and make puns and speaks so beautifully and eloquently in any language that he learns it's wonderful.

5) Is ridiculously smart but still is an idiot e.g. that V live where he couldn't figure out how to turn on the lamp J-Hope got him or that time he stuck breadsticks up his nose or every single time he tried to cook/ help with cooking lol. He's so clumsy but it's always so endearing, I really do love those sides of him too because if he was too perfect I wouldn't love him as much as I do - but because there are certain things he lacks, the imperfections all just add to his charm that makes him just an intoxicating person.

6) Is so supportive of his members in everything they do - especially the Maknae line - working on 4 O'Clock with V, writing Begin with Jungkook when he was struggling, helping Jimin with his Japanese being just a few examples.

7) Is very socially conscious and that comes through in his music e.g.

"My Kafka on the seaside
Don't go to those woods over there" - Butterfly

"Break the glass ceiling that traps you" - Not Today

Like this man has a message, he has values and beliefs and ideas and they come through in his music in a way that makes his music more impactful because instead of just being sad or inspirational, it gives his music a new kind of depth that makes it worth studying it.

8) Is a very kind, thoughtful and sincere person who is always reflecting on himself and working very hard to accept himself and his mistakes so he can truly learn to love himself for who he is - which is something he believes he needs to do in order to truly love others which is so fucking beautiful I'm sobbing. Like, imagine having a heart this beautiful and also being educated and understanding enough to realise that people have to take responsibility for their own confidence and be self-aware of themselves and their fatalistic tendencies. 

9) Started the whole shouting "ARMYY!!" Into the mike every time they win an award thing which is adorable but also he always ends up creating meme fodder lol. But that just like, honestly he's so humble and loves his fans so much that when he gets an award he shouts our name. It hurts my heart. Like, sometimes it makes me think - and maybe I'm reading too much into this - but like, he shouts ARMY before he shouts 'thank you' as most people would, and does he do that because our fandom name has become synonymous with gratefulness for him? IDK but that makes me so damn emo wow.