#RiseAbove Writing Prompt [CLOSED]

Did you know that 47% of Canadian teens have experienced cyberbullying? TELUS and Wattpad have partnered to #RiseAbove cyberbullying. Most of us have witnessed, experienced, or been a part of cyberbullying, but what's most important is rising above it. How do you think YOU can help to #RiseAbove?

Your challenge is to create a 500-word short about rising above cyberbullying and spreading positivity.

Tag your story with #RiseAbove! The top 10 stories as selected by our Wattpad staff will be featured in a reading list on the @TELUS profile, and sent to TELUS' #RiseAbove committee for judging. Let's help start a movement, and end cyberbullying!

One winning entry, as selected by TELUS. The winner will walk away with a brand new Essential phone!

Submit your entries by October 25, 2017.

Submission Guidelines:

1. Your story must be in English

2. Your story can be a maximum of 500 words. Anything over that will be disqualified!

3. Entrants must be legal residents of Canada and older than 13 years of age at the time of entry

4. You can enter as many times as you want, as long as your entries meet our guidelines

5. Your story must be original and created by YOU!

6. Your story must be tagged #RiseAbove

A note from the Wattpad Staff:

It is our goal at Wattpad to build a safe and comfortable space for everyone to discover and create.

If you or someone you know is struggling with thoughts of self-harm or suicide due to cyberbullying, please know that help is available through Wattpad and TELUS WISE. Any content that encourages cyberbullying and negative behavior will be removed. Like all forms of bullying, cyberbullying causes psychological, emotional and physical stress.

If you come across any content that is triggering or upsetting to you, please feel free to access one of the many support resources available to you, or reach out to the Wattpad staff directly here.

Click here for TELUS WISE articles, videos & tips.

#RiseAbove