Chapter eight- Make the difference

Okay, so another chappie for you, dear wattpadders!

I hope you enjoy it!! As usual, I BEG YOU, COMMENT PLEASE!!!!!!! And if you enjoy it, vote puh-lease????? Thanks anyways!!!!

Chapter eight- Make the difference

When I got home that very same day, I found Nathanael sleeping soundly on my bed. His breaths were slow and deep. usually, even seeing cute little babies didn't make me all lovey-dovey. But the prince of vampires, sprawled on my bed, made me so damn emotional.

I walked up to him, pondering if I should wake him up or not.

I decided not was better. After all, I didn't need him to get angry because I woke him up. You never know with those spoiled royal kids.

I got downstairs and walked into our sunny, yellow kitchen.

Opening the fridge, I grabbed a dish of Lasagna my mom had left for me. I put the whole thing in the microwave and set the time for 3 minutes and then crashed on the living room couch, and turned on the TV.

I watched a movie about aliens attacking the Earth. It was so predictable that I could almost anticipate the lines the actors would say next.

When I heard the beeping of the microwave, I recuperated the lasagna and took a huge portion that I swallowed almost whole in less than five minutes.

I was sitting on the couch, feet resting on the coffee table, when the doorbell rang. I jumped upright, making my now empty plate of lasagne fall to the floor. I took the time to replace it on the coffee table before going to the front door. When I opened it, I stood there, dumbfounded. It was already dark outside, and there, on my threshold, was standing Ambrose, in his adult form, hands nonchalantly stuffed in his pockets, his pale blond hair slightly tousled.

"Ummm... Hi, I guess," I said awkwardly, and looked up to peer into his emerald green eyes.

He smiled down at me.

"Can I come in?"

"Uh... yeah, of course." I sidestepped so he could enter and then closed the door as he marched to the living room.

He sat on the couch and crossed his hands behind his head.

"You wanted to see me?"

"Yes."

I waited for a while, thinking he would say something else. But after a minute of excruciating silence, I decided to be the first one to speak.

"So..." I began awkwardly. "What is it all about?"

He smiled and stared at the TV. Then his gaze returned to me.

"You're graduating soon, right?"

"Umm, yeah..." I said. "What about that?"

"I'd like to propose you a job."

"A job? What kind of job? Something like working in the McDonald's?"

"Nah, of course not! I'd like to propose you a job related to my, uh..." he leaned closer and began to whisper, "You know, more underground activities."

"A job for the Rebels?" I breathed, my eyes widening.

He smiled and nodded.

"Of course, I guess that you know what it implies, don't you?"

"Yes." I mumbled, looking down to stare at my hands. He surely didn't know that it had been my dream-job since I knew that such a thing as an organization that rebelled against the vamps. "Look, I need time to think about it. I can't just take a decision right now!"