Chapter 2

THALIA POV

We spent more of the day catching up on everything from the past almost three years. I remember Percy and Annabeth filling me in on couples. Some were expected, but some I never would have thought of. Like Travis and Katie or Clarisse and Chris. I never would have guessed. Especially because most of the Stoll’s pranks were on the Katie’s cabin (Demeter) and Clarisse never seemed the mushy type. Just then a large group of campers walked over. Some of them were wearing purple shirts that said SPQR. I recognized them as Camp Jupiter’s camp name, but I didn’t know any of them. I scanned the group and stopped at a boy with blonde hair.

My eyes widened as I said “Jason?!”

He looked at me, clearly confused.

Then his eyes widened. “Thalia?!”

“Oh my gods! It’s really you!” I say jumping up and hugging him.

After a few seconds I pulled back and everyone was watching us. One of the girls that I didn’t know looked hurt as she glanced from me to Jason. Everyone but Nico looked shocked. Nico looked kind of jealous. My heart fluttered. Was he jealous? Wait! 1. Thalia, you can’t think like that! You’re a Hunter. 2. Why do they look jealous and hurt? Do they think that we are-TOGETHER?!?!

I am about to explain, when Annabeth gets this sudden look of realization. “WAIT! Jason Grace and Thalia Grace?! You guys are......siblings?!”

I laughed. “Of course! You guys all thought we were together, didn’t you!”

Most of them nodded and Jason and I just looked at each other, then burst out laughing.

“Please-! I would never-! I mean look at him!” I choke out.

“Hey! That hurt!” Jason said, holding his hand over his heart.

“At least you three should have known!” I say, pointing to Percy, Annabeth, and Nico.

“Why should they have known?” asked the girl who looked hurt.

“I’m a Hunter of Artemis. We...can’t date...or fall in love. That’s the price we pay, but we are immortal, unless we die in battle.”

Everyone looks shocked.

“Well, Thalia I should probably introduce you to everyone. That’s Frank, Hazel, Jason, Piper, Leo, and Reyna.” Annabeth says pointing to each one in turn.

I can tell that she told me who they were in couples. Frank and Hazel. Jason and Piper. Leo and Reyna.

“Let me guess. The Roman versions of Ares, Hades, and Zeus.” I say pointing to Frank, Hazel and Jason. “Bellona,” I say pointing to Reyna, “And Aphrodite and Hephaestus.” I say pointing to Piper and Leo.

“Wow...” is all anyone can say in a minute of silence. Even Annabeth looks surprised.

I laugh and soon everyone else joins in. I spent the rest of the day until dinner learning the ins and outs of everyone’s life. I learned about their powers. I learned about their adventures. They all shared romantic things that they had done for each other. I didn’t have anything to share for that category. Surprisingly, neither did Nico. I felt myself getting happy at this. But then I got sad. He would never like me, and I’m a Hunter. My crush on him, if that’s truly what it was, was hopeless. The sooner I found that out, the quicker I could move on.

At dinner, Chiron insisted that I sit at the Zeus table. I wanted to sit with the Hunters, but at least I got to sit with Jason. He kept throwing pieces of corn at me, so I zapped him and ,even though it didn’t affect him as much as it would have to anyone else, his chicken in his hand got burnt and crumbled in a small pile of ash. He glared at me while I laughed so hard I almost fell of my seat. He gave in and laughed too.

“I just realized that now I’m your big brother and you my little sister.” He said.

“I would be twenty-“

“But you’re not!”

I glared at him. “I can still kick you’re a** all the same!”

He laughs. Then he learns over to whisper in my ear.

“Wait, so you can never date?” he whispers.

I am confused, but I answer “Not as long as I’m a Hunter.”

“Can you quit the Hunt?” he asks.

“Um, I think so, but why?” I ask, still confused.

“Because I think Nico likes you.” He whispers.

I blush uncontrollably. “No he doesn’t!”

“Really, then why has he been staring at you, smiling, all dinner?” he counters.

“Uh-“

“Why don’t I ask Percy and Annabeth? They should know. And I know you like him, little sis.” He says.

“I’m not going to leave the Hunt just because someone thinks that they like me, or because I think I like them. True love is different, but what if I just got my heart broken?” I say, completely sirius (A/N See what I did?! HP!)

“First off, if someone broke you heart, I would break their face. Second off, I understand, but maybe you should get to know him. I’ve never seen Nico as happy as he was today.”

I sighed and finished my food.

That night, I slept in the Zeus cabin with Jason. I had troubling dream.

I was in a giant mansion. I heard a small poof and turned around to see Aphrodite. I mentally groaned. What did I have to do with Aphrodite?! She’s the goddess of lo- Oh No!

I bowed down and then said “Lady Aphrodite. Why am I here?”

“Well, I’m hoping to get Thalico started and-“

“Thalico?!” I asked, confused.

“Your ship name. Thalia and Nico. Thalico. Like Percabeth. Now, as I was saying. I want Thalico to get started and you defiantly need some help.” she continued.

“Um...One problem. I’m a Hunter of Artemis. I can’t fall in love.” I try to say.

“Oh! My dear! Of course that’s true, but love always finds its way. I’m not going to put a love potion or anything, but I will be in charge of your wardrobe, hair and make-up. Whatever you put on will be changed to how I think it should be. We can also compromise. Let’s say something is pink, but you want black, I might change it to a dark blue or purple. If it doesn’t change within ten seconds, then you have no choice. Now, good bye dear. Remember to believe in love.”

Everything fades to black.