Chapter 3

THALIA POV

I feel someone shaking me. I open my eyes and see Jason shaking my shoulder.

“I’m up, Jason!” I yell, as he continues to shake my shoulder.

I zap him and he jumps back. I laugh and he leaves to the bathroom.

I pull myself out of bed and walk to my wardrobe, hoping the dream wasn’t real. I pull on black skinny jeans, black converse, and a silver t-shirt. I pull my hair into a messy bun. Suddenly, there is a small flash and I look down horrified. I run to the mirror. I am now wearing a pink and orange strapless floral dress, four inch heels that I can’t walk in, and a silver belt. My hair is curled in perfect ringlets and my face is caked with make-up.

Jason walks out and stops mid-step when he sees me. “Wow, Thals! I know I haven’t seen you in almost three years, but I didn’t think you would change this much!”

“Shut-up, Jason! This is all because of Aphrodite! She’s controlling how I look.” I say.

I look up at the ceiling and start asking for changes. I ask for skinny jeans, a t-shirt, and converse but she gives me black denim shorts, shorter than I normally would wear, a neon pink strapless shirt, and two inch heeled, black boots. My hair stays in ringlets, but I get a slightly more natural look on my make-up. I manage to get a silver crop top that goes over an electric blue tank top that matches my eyes. I also convince her to give me two inch heeled black converse. I think they are stupid, but they were better than the four inch stilettos. I have a black charm bracelet with a silver bow and an electric blue lightning bolt.

I sigh and walk with Jason to breakfast. I see Nico, Percy, Annabeth, Hazel, Frank, Leo, Reyna, and Piper all in line. We start heading over.

Annabeth sees us and says “Hey Jason! Hey.........THALIA?!”

When she screams my name, everyone from our group of friends looks at me. All of their jaws drop, boys and girls.

“T-Thalia? W-What happened?!” Nico asked.

“Aphrodite happened.” I said bitterly.

“What?” Annabeth asked.

“Aphrodite took over my ability of appearance. I spent like fifteen minutes arguing before I got this.” I said.

“What were you in originally?” Piper asked.

“A pink and orange-ish short, flowery, dress, a lot of make-up and like six inch heels!” Jason answered for me.

“They were four inches, but it wouldn’t have made a difference because I still couldn’t walk in them.” I say.

We all laugh, grab our breakfast, and sat down at our table.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

NICO POV

Everybody is in line for breakfast except for Jason and Thalia.

Just them Annabeth yells “Hey Jason! Hey.........THALIA?!”

I whip my head around and see a stunning girl next to Jason. She is wearing short, black denim shorts, an electric blue tank top that matches her eyes and a silver crop top. Her hair is in perfect curls that frame her face. She’s wearing those converse that have hidden heels in them. Make-up is on her face, but it’s a kind of natural look. She looks like Thalia, but I don’t think Thalia would ever dress like that, well at least not on her own will.

“T-Thalia? W-What happened?!” I asked. Not that I was bothered by the change, but everybody was thinking it.

“Aphrodite happened.” She said bitterly.

She explained everything and I listened, but I was mainly focused on how beautiful she was. She looked beautiful no matter what, but right now she was just...stunning. I desperately wished that she wasn’t a Hunter.

Me and Hazel sit down at the Hades table.

“I know that you really like her,” Hazel says suddenly.

“What?!” I say, trying to hide the truth.

“Nico, I know that you really love Thalia.” She didn’t say really like, she said really love.

She was right, but it was hopeless.

“I really love her,” I said with a sigh. “But she’s a Hunter. She can’t love. And even if she could, she would never like me.”

“Nico, love always works itself out. If you truly love her, you guys will have a happy ending. You just have to- Oh My Gods! I’m starting to sound like Piper!”

I don’t answer her. I just think about what she said. Could she really love me back?

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

THALIA POV

After breakfast, we have training. Leo goes to Bunker 9, Percy, Jason, Reyna, and Hazel go to sword fighting and Nico, Frank, Piper, Annabeth and I decide to go to archery. We get there and everyone goes to change. I grab my bow from the Zeus cabin and walk back. Everybody has changed. I am about to change when there is a flash, coming from me.

“Not again!” I exclaim.

“Whoa!” Annabeth gasps.

I look at my reflection. I am wearing a tight, pink, spaghetti strap tank top, pink high top combat boots and really short black spandex shorts.

“Ugg! Aphrodite! I don’t do pink!” I yell.

My boots change to a dark blue and my shirt changes to purple.

“I want shorter, black combat boots, black pants, and a t-shirt.” I say, pretty ticked off.

I probably look crazy. I have my hand on my hip, yelling at the sky about what t-shirt I want. There is another flash. I look back. I have shorter combat boots, except they are still dark blue. Good enough. Now, my shirt is a t-shirt, but it is incredibly tight. Now it’s dark blue, like my boots. I look back down at my shorts. They are still spandex, but now they go almost to my knees and are silver. This is as close to what I want that I’m going to get.

I sigh and walk to a target.

“How long is this going to last?” Annabeth, who is right next to me, asks.

“I have no idea, but the sooner it ends, the better!” I exclaim.

“I don’t know. I think Nico likes it,” she says.

“What?!” I say, blushing.

“He has been staring at you like you’re the only thing that exists all morning. I think he loves you.” She explains.

“Annabeth, I don’t want someone to like me just because of how I look, or because I have make-up on. He doesn’t even really know me. And even is he did like me, and lets say I liked him, I’m a Hunter. I-I can’t love.” I say, sighing at the last part.

“Just think about it,” she says softly.

With that, we both turn back to the targets.