Little Talks from Big windows

Little Talks from Big Windows
New York City, New York

☠️

   I hate night time. It's so quiet and your thoughts seem louder. During the day you can distract yourself with other people and push the voices back, but I can not, for the life of me, get Will out of my mind.

  I had invited a random stranger over, told them my life story, and then became his friend. He's my only friend. It's only 10:00 p.m. and I should be sleeping. I don't have school tomorrow because it's spring break and I kind of want to hang out with Will again, and I want to get away from my dad.

   He hadn't hit me In quite awhile. Last time was during Christmas break when I had accidentally flung a spoon across the house and I had broken a window.

   Suddenly the window right across from mine in Will's house was illuminated by a bright light. I fling my window open and throw a water bottle at the window.

☀️

   I'm tired so I tell my family goodnight and head up to bed, but when I get in my room I hear a very loud thump and, I'll admit, I jumped. I look out the window to see a laughing Nico Di Angelo. I smirk and open my window and throw a gator aid bottle at him.

   Laughing I turn to him and say " Not so fun when your on the receiving side of the bottle wars." This made him laugh more. I love it when he laughs. He's crying and holding his stomach from laughing so hard. He pants out "Your-face *gasp* when the-bottle *snort*." We are both laughing and hanging out of our windows like idiots.

  "Hey do you wanna maybe do something tomorrow? Maybe we could go to town and you could show me around?" I asked, still breathing hard. "Yeah! Of course. I know this really good ice creme place not far from the mall and close to a really cool park that I go to a lot." Nico said.

  "Hey guess what?" I asked him. "Mm what?" He said with a curious face.

   "Chicken butt." Another water bottle was thrown at me.

   I smiled at him "for real though, it's 2:30 in the morning." He turned to me and stood on the edge of with window and somehow managed to get on the roof. He turned to me and smiled "It's the perfect time to look at the stars. Come on I'll jump to your roof."

  "You can't jump 15 feet." I look at him skeptically. "Not by myself, but if you grab my hands and pull me up it will be easier and quieter. Come on Will, it'll be fun" he whined.

   I let out a huff but I did find a way to haul myself onto the roof. Nico looked at me and walked back a bit. He gave a slight nod and started running. He pushed himself off the edge and sailed through the air with his hands extended. Right before he fell I reached out and gripped his small wrists and he slammed into the side of my house. I pulled him up and made sure he was steady.

   "Now I remember you saying it's the perfect time to look at the stars" I smirked at him while laying down on the roof and motioned for him to do the same, he did. We stayed there for awhile. Nico pointed out the constellations to me. We talked about music and how I like folk and country and he like alternative and classics.

   When I asked Nico if he knew who Bob Marley was I received a small snore as a response. I looked over to find him curled up to me and his head resting on my chest. He looked so peaceful when he slept. I tucked a small strand of hair behind his ear and put my arm around him and watched his chest rise and fall. Eventually I felt myself growing tired and I let my eyes close and drifted to sleep.

☠️

   I slowly opened my eyes and tried to adjust to the bright light of the sun. Wait..I had light blocking curtains. The sun?! My head shot up and I realized that I was still on Wills roof, and so was he. Will was still asleep and I didn't want to wake him because he looked to peaceful. His tongue poked out a little and his mouth twitched. I laughed. I looked around and realized that the sun was just coming up but conveniently the Solaces house faced the way the sun rises. I looked at Will again.

   "Will come on it's time to get up." I shook him a bit. He opened his eyes easily and sat up looking surprised. "Were on my roof at 8 in the morning" he said. "Yeah. We are. How do you know it's 8?" I asked him. "I don't know. I just do. Hey Nico..I have a question.." Will looked down at his leg. "What is it?" He sighed

   "Well you see..I wanted to ask you if you would maybe want to uhhmm..g-get off the roof!? Yeah do you wanna get off the roof now?" He was not going to ask that. I'm not an idiot. I wanna know what he was going to ask but I'm not going to force him because he seems uncomfortable. I nodded and we got up and he climbed into his window and I followed.

   "So. Do you wanna go to town? I could show you around. I know this really good gelato place down the road from an amazing bookstore that also sells music and coffee and it's just awesome!" I rambled to his as fast as I could. He just smiled and nodded. So we texted our parents and told them we are leaving and walked to the gelato place , which is called Buddy's, in silence. When we got to Buddy's we ordered and ate and laughed for a while. Afterwards we went and checked out the music/bookstore and got a few CDs. Will got a text from his mom saying he needed to come home so we made out way back to our houses, said our goodbyes, and went our separate ways.

  The week went on like that. Buddy's then The Small Apple which is the name is the music/bookstore joint. It was fun and me and Will grew closer. And so did our families...kinda. But spring break was coming to an end and we had school the next day. Luckily Will would be going tot he same school as me...North Smith Hight School.

YEEEUP THIS IS AN UPDATE. Sowwy I've been gone for ever I've just not been happy w what I've been writing so I had to fix it multiple times. But I finally gave up and just went w this. So yeah
-Bela

WC: 1168