[Three]

"He's right behind me, isn't he?" 

"Actually he's right in front of you." 

I opened my eyes, swiveling my head around to look at the boy that plagued my mind and my heart. 

Blue eyes that shined with a livid anger and an underlying softness stared down at me. I gulped as my face flushed and my palms began to sweat. His brown hair hung across his forehead in the same messy style that I loved and he wore those Wrangler jeans that made all the girls melt. 

"Is it true?" Was all he asked, his deep voice striking a cord in me. 

I stood dumbfounded for a few seconds. He sighed and moved to walk away but my arm shot out and grabbed the fabric of his t-shirt. "What do you mean?" I asked quickly. He turned back towards me, sending a short glance to my best friend who stood watching tensely. 

"You know exactly what I mean." He stated sharply. I swallowed my nerves and looked to my feet. "You know it meant nothing." I mumbled, finally giving him the answer he was looking for. He shook his head and let out a humorless laugh. 

"So it is true?" He laughed out. I felt my face heat up more with embarrassment and growing anxiety. I looked back up at his tall figure and frowned. "It was a mistake. I was drunk and so was Tanner." I began explain. He glanced upwards, his face twisting with annoyance. 

"Drunk?" He asked raising an eyebrow. I felt my heart crack at his tone. "Everyone that I've talked to said that you were sober as could be. It was all you and him at the party." I furrowed my eyebrows at the news. 

"So, your going to believe the word of someone else over me?" I scoffed. "The word of your girlfriend who has been with you since our junior year of high school? The word of the girl that has loved you for almost five years?" My voice broke in the middle and I felt a lump snag in my throat. 

His face loosened at the break and he looked almost apologetic. "No, but-" He began but I cut him off. "But what? Five years. Five years and you still don't trust me do you?" I asked accusingly. He leaned back just the slightest in surprise at the question. We stood in silence just staring at each other and as the minute ticked by I knew his answer. 

My vision blurred and I spun around towards my best friend. 

"We're done here." I said to her, my voice wobbling. I glanced over my shoulder at him. 

"You can call me when you've decided to look at the bigger facts about this whole thing."