ii.

jin opened his eyes. he had been lying face down on his desk, but a paper airplane to the head had startled him. he brought his head up slowly, rubbing his arms and looking around. he was in his classroom. the teacher was gone, probably on a short break, and his classmates were "self-studying." which meant making paper airplanes and sailing them at his head.

he turned slowly and looked at the chalkboard.

musical nominations

romeo [male lead]: jin 32 votes

juliet [female lead]: jin 32 votes, song lee 12 votes, jin soo 10 votes, jae eun 8 votes, ji su 2 votes

several other roles had been listed, but the leads had been circled.

"hey, congrats!" tae said, coming up to jin and sitting sideways on his desk. "it was unanimous. you got the part."

jin blinked before smiling slowly. he couldn't remember ever hearing about the musical, and he couldn't remember the voting, and he couldn't remember when exactly he had won, but it made him happy anyway. "thanks."

"you actually were unanimously nominated for both roles, romeo and juliet, but they could only give you one, so they gave you romeo. although i heard the teachers talking about making 'romeo and juliet' some epic psychological play where it's all inside romeo's head, and he just plays all the roles."

jin just smiled. "i don't know...that sounds like too many lines to memorize."

taehyung just rolled his eyes. "says jin, who gets all the lines all the time. you'll be fine. anyway, what'd you get on your english test? please tell me you got a 76 cause i got a 77 and i need to feel better about myself by knowing that you're inferior to me."

jin blinked, and he suddenly noticed a sheet of paper on his desk. he wasn't sure if it had been there before or not, but he picked it up all the same and stared at the red numbers at the top. "sorry, tae, but the inferior one isn't me." he showed tae the bold 100 that had been circled next to a sticker of a tyrannosaurus rex.

"no fair!" tae protested, shaking his head. "but seriously, i think expectations have dropped severely, because i got a smiley face. for a c."

jin shrugged. "the teacher is probably just happy that you filled in any of the test."

"sure."

"what did you even get wrong?" jin looked over tae's paper.

5. the english term for someone who plays the saxophone: sexy porn star

7. the english term for an area of sand adjacent to the ocean: bitch

jin sighed and handed the paper back. "well...you were close...sort of..."

the school bell rang and

Jin opened his eyes.

fyi - all dreamscape chapters will be lowercase intended. all reality chapters will be as normal.