xix.

Jin opened his eyes.

And saw Tae.

Tae was staring at him like he was a miracle, like he was worth something, like he was amazing and beautiful and handsome and-

"You're awake," Tae whispered, his eyes wide, his mouth open.

-awake.

Awake?

"Oh my gosh, you actually woke up," Tae continued. "You actually...holy shit, I need to get the others-"

"No," Jin whispered, and his throat hurt as he spoke. He wasn't sure why. He winced and continued. "Just, stay with me."

Tae nodded slowly, sitting back down, his eyes never leaving Jin. "How are you feeling? Do you need anything?"

"What's happening?" Jin asked instead, confused.

Tae just stared at him. "That's what I want to know. Jin...you've been unconscious."

"Oh." Jin hesitated. "For how long?"

"Three weeks, Jin. Three whole weeks."

It took Jin a moment to process that, and when he did, he just opened his mouth and left it like that for a few seconds. "But- the comeback..."

"Cancelled," Tae said immediately, managing to look only slightly regretful. "Or at least delayed. PD-nim released a statement that your health was  our top priority over the tour."

Jin just looked down, shaking his head, unable to believe that they'd delayed their entire tour for him. For him. "You guys could have done it-"

"Without you?" Tae finished, rolling his eyes. "Jin, you were unconscious, not brain-dead. Don't say something stupid like that. Like we would tour without our hyung." Tae shook his head. "Ridiculous."

Just then, the door opened. "Hey, Tae, I got you a coff-" Jungkook began but he cut off as soon as he saw Jin sitting up in bed, his eyes open.

The coffee fell from his hands, hitting the floor with a loud splat, but still Jungkook didn't move, not even when the hot liquid splashed up, burning his shin and calf. "J-jin?"

Jin nodded, smiling slowly. "I know I'm le-jin-dary, but please stop gawking."

Jungkook laughed quietly. "It's Jin."