chapter 7: the shocking truth

Callie's Pov.

The dark figure made her way out onto the back deck. I was so surprised I couldn't move, I couldn't do anything. There standing right in front of me was my sister and my alcoholic brother. My brother went to rehab right when my sister decided to run away. She left to go be with my brother. My parents didn't want anything to do with him after he made so many poor decisions. But here he is standing three feet in front of me.

"Shocked?" My sister asked me. I nodded my head and jumped out of the pool. I ran up to her and gave her a hug. My sister and I used to be super close, since she only left about three years ago. My brother looked great for his condition. His name was  Alex and my sisters name was Meghan. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Nash. He couldn't take his eyes off of her, he wasn't the only one. My brother and I never had a good relationship, since he was always out drinking. He started when he was 13 and didn't stop until this year, he was 18. I didn't know if I should hug him or not. I decided to just to see how he would act. He opened his arms, his hugs were warm and caring. Nash stood up and walked over to Meghan.

"Hey long time no see!" He whispered leaning into a hug.  Meghan excepted and hugged back.

"Let's all eat!" My mom said excited. I walked over to the table and sat down next to Hayes.

Hayes Pov.

I don't know how I felt seeing Alex  he had the tendency to get violent when he was mad. A couple times he tried to come after me but I was able to get away. I'm scared that he will be living in the same house as Callie and Meghan. If he ever laid a finger on her I would flip a shit. I decided I would give him another shot, I really hope he doesn't make me regret it. Alex came prancing up to me and shook my hand. I have to admit I was shocked, I always thought he hated me. If he is willing to try so am I, for Callie. I have a feeling though, that I am seriously going to regret saying that. I swallowed hard right as Callie looked at me. I know she could tell something was wrong, she wrapped her fingers around mine and leaned into me. I really did love her, but I always had a hard time forming those words. I guess I will just have to continue saying them in my mind.

Callie's Pov.

The Griers left and I was sitting at home bored. Meghan and Nash went out to get to know each other again. I really hope they end up getting together. They used to date when they were eight, but then again that was eight years ago. Man do I hope they hook back up. Right now it was just my mom, dad, Alex, and I home.

"Callie, Alex can you please come downstairs now!" My mom barked.

"Coming!" I yelled as I jumped down the stairs. Surprisingly I didn't fall face first down the stairs. I was proud, I held back a giggle.

"Your dad and I are running out." My mom said. I nodded my head and they walked out the front door. Alex walked into the kitchen so I decided to follow him. He opened the cabinet and took out my parents beer and whiskey collection.

"Alex stop that's a bad idea." I stated. He wasn't listening to me. I didn't know what to do! I ran up to my room and dialed Hayes.

"Hey babe what's up!" He answered.

"Hayes get to my house right now, Alex found the beer collection. I need help!" I yelled. He hung up, he was on his way over.  I didn't want to go downstairs when he was drinking. What if he hurt me? I had to though, I couldn't let him do that not when he is in rehab. Before I went down I got a text from Hayes- stay upstairs keep away from him call the cops. I had to go down. When I reached the kitchen I noticed he already went through six bottles.

"Alex stop right now!" I ran over to him. He tried to swat me away, but I stayed right in my place. Alex turned around and grabbed an empty bottle and threw it at the wall. I held back a scream. Where was Hayes!! I ran over to him and grabbed the bottle in his hands.

"Give me that back!" He slurred, and screamed so loud. I turned to the sink and started pouring then all down the sink. SMASH! A heard another bottle collide with the wall besides me. I couldn't move I had to keep pouring the whiskey down the drain. I was do scared, I haven't seen him like this in a long time. A bottle collided with the back of my head, I saw stars all around me. I couldn't move no matter how hard I tried. I turned around and punched him across the face. Wow, I didn't know I was that strong. He was taken back, he didn't see it coming. That was the start of a huge war. He punched me in the nose drawing blood, so I did the same back. Blood was flying through the kitchen. Just then, Alex charged at me knocking me to the ground. I screamed.

"My arm you ass hole." I yelled Alex just broke my arm, I could almost see the bone sticking out, I'm surprised I didn't throw up. Where was Hayes or my parents! I couldn't believe this. Alex struck me one last time knocking me to the floor. The blood was pouring out of every part of my body. I laid  there almost near death. This shouldn't of happen. Why did my parents bring him home? They knew he had problems. I laid awake until I heard the front door slam. God I really hope it's Hayes. Then, everything was black. I was out like a light.

Alex's Pov.

Holy shit. I just knocked my own sister out. What the hell is wrong with me? I have problems I really do. I thought they were gone. Why the hell did I start drinking in the first place. I hurt maybe people in my life included Hayes. Oh my god he is going to hunt me down and kill me. I had to get away from this house. I couldn't be seen here, not while Callie laid on the floor, practically dead. What should I do?! I bet she already called him and he's on his way. I decided to call 911 then get the hell out of there. I needed to get far away from this house, maybe head back to rehab because I need some serious help.

"911 what's your emergency?" I hung up the phone the second I heard that lady's voice. I was panicking. They probably saw my number, which means they know someone was here with Callie. My parents are gonna know if it was me if I left or not. I couldn't follow through I had to get away. I couldn't stand seeing Callie lie there lifeless. Did I kill her? I ran as quickly as I could over to her. She had a heart beat but she was barley breathing. After about two minutes I heard a car door slam. That's when I snuck out the back an started running far away from this place. I were to never return, never contact any of them, and to make sure I never run into Callie again. I don't get why I just don't kill myself. How can I live with what I have done? I shivered this was going to be a long walk and I'm not so sure I have the time for this. I needed help now. Hopefully I was going to get that help.