Ch.13: Training (Part 2)

~Craigs Pov~

I sit and cry after Lui's story. "I never knew that Lui, I'm so sorry." I get up and hug him, Jonathan joining in. "Evan." We three look up at Vanoss. "What?" Jon asks. "My real name is Evan. If you trust us enough to tell your stories to us, then names shouldn't be a problem." Jon nods. "My names Jonathan, you can call me whatever I go by either name."
"My names Tyler." Wildca- Tyler says. "I'm Craig and, same as Jon, I go by either name." Tyler nods and smiles slightly at me. Seeing that smile Made my heart flutter for some odd reason.
"My name's David or Nogla, I don't care which you use." Lui nods and releases our hug, looking to Nogla. "I'm Lui." David smiles and Lui's cheeks cover themselves with a light hue of red.

I smile and look to Tyler, my heart flutters. No...NONONO! I just met him! I can't fall in love again...I'll only get hurt... Tyler looks to me and smile back. i feel something on my head and tails bristle. I look back and both tails are puffed and fluffy. "What the-" I hear a gasp and turn to see Lui, wide eyed. "THEY ARE SO FLUFFYYYYYY!!!!" Lui runs over and grabs my tails. I yelp and run behind the couch. Lui stands and puffs his cheeks. "Hey! I want to touch them!" I shake my head furiously, a blush on my cheeks. "N-no! Leave my tails alone." Lui determinedly runs around the couch and I start running around the couch away from him. "Lui no! Jon HELP!" I yell and run behind him, Lui looking around him, trying to get to me. 

Suddenly, I was picked up by the back of the collar and look at the person now holding both me, and now, Lui. Nogla was smirking at the both of us. "Now, Now kids. Play nice." Lui giggles. "Ok Daddy." Nogla blushes deep and drops the both of us. I land on my ass, but also on my tails. I make a weird sound and everyone looks at me. "That, was adorable." Tyler says and starts laughing, it soon turning into a wheeze. I start to laugh at his wheeze and everyone else joins in. Soon we all stop and wonder what to do next. "So, you guys want to train again?" Evan asks. Jon, Lui, and I all look at him like he's crazy. 

"Not your powers, more things like changing into your animal form or to hide your tails and ears." Jon jumps up, "Please! Help us hide these tails and ears. they make it hard to sleep at night and hearing everything amped up by three times it's normal sound hurts like hell." Me and Lui nod in agreement. "Ok, then its settled, Lets do it right here." Evan says and we three stand in the most spacious part of the room, Tyler and David sit on the couch. "Ok, So who-" Lui's hand shoots into the air. "Me! Me!" Lui shouts in his kid voice. "Ok then. So I want you to close your eyes and clear your mind.  Lui does as he's told. "When that happens I want you to imagine yourself without the ears and tail. 

He nods and his ears and tail glow a faint green. "Now, Concentrate, Focus of that image and use energy to make your ears and tail dissapear into your regular features." He breathes out slowly and his features shorten until the tail has dissapeared, but instead of just dissapearing, his parted into three parts of glowing green energy and his veins turned green. The energy that was his tail then merged slowly into his back and through his veins. it sounded like roots being pulled by a tree when it's falling down, but quieter.  His ears only grew smaller and less hairy around the edges and the veins dimmed down to their original color and were no longer visible. Lui opens his eyes and looked behind him, seeing there was no tail he smiled widely. "I did it! Yes!" He jumps around and I hear a chuckle behind Evan and see the chuckle came from David. 

Does...does he like Lui? "Ok, Jon wants to go next." I shake my head, getting out of my thoughts. Jon walks forward a bit, but we're not able to see his expression past his mask. "I'm ready for these things to be gone!" Evan smiles. "I want you to do the same thing Jon. Imagine yourself without the animal features." Jon huffs and nods. His features glowing a ocean blue. "Focus on the image and use your energy to make it go away." Suddenly they turn into water, the sounds of small waves emitting from them as they retreat into Jons back.  

I clap, "Nice Jon!" He lifts his mask, just above his lips and gives a smile. "Thanks Craig." I hear a growl and look over at Tyler who was glaring at Jonathan. Whhy- "Ok Craig your turn." I look to Evan, "O-Oh ok." I close my eyes and listen as he tells me the same thing he told Jon and Lui. "I feel a tingling run through my body and heat burst from my tails and ears. I feel the heat flow into my body and disperse. "There you have it! You learned how to hide your ears and tails! Just be careful, you may accidentally show them if you're not careful. they can appear based on emotions such as, surprise/anger/excitement/ etc." We nod, maybe being a hybrid isnt as bad as we thought.