Chapter 1

He swooped up back to the cliff by the waterfall and landed on the edge.  I winced when he set me down, watching when he shifted and stood near me. He looked down at me and I instinctively shrank back, gasping. "Well... Who ever did this to you best feel lucky he isn't here right now." He muttered, I felt like he was staring me down, but I wasn't sure, males and I don't get along, there are usually a couple attacks when i'm in heat, which usually ends with several dead bodies buried in the yard.  I tried to move backward, but there was no way I would be able to move.

The male... guy I guess, i'll just call him guy, whatever, he put up his hand, "I won't hurt you." he said, now I know why he roared, he's in pain, maybe a broken arm? I don't know, but I am afraid of him, though... i'd rather be stuck with Guy than Brad. 

"There is no way in hell you're getting away from me." Cue the prison guard, I could see him, holding his gun, coming towards me, prepared to shoot, even if he had no reason.

I heard a growl and glanced at Guy, he was staring at brad and clenching his fists. Brad obviously thought I was growling, he's heard me growl before, and he shot me in the foot for that. 

"You bitch." he growled, he cocked the gun  and pointed it directly at me. I gasped in fear, trying to get up, but my legs still weren't 100% okay from being cut off for so long, and I think I have a broken bone, or a small fracture.

I gasped and kinda held my breath when Guy jumped over me, having shifted, he rolled and stood in front of me, I couldn't see anything "You shot her?" he growled, continuing to growl and shifted to his human form.

I heard the gun drop to the ground, Guy growled still "Answer me!" he roared, scaring me and probably brad, I saw him kick the gun away "Did you shoot her?" he asked brad, staring him down, I covered my mouth when I started to cry, I hated crying, it usually got me some kind of punishment. Guy punched brad, I know because brad was knocked to the ground, he's really a noodle, he was on the ground, and starting to get up. I looked away from the scene, trying to stop crying.

"Stay down" I heard guy say,  and Brad responded with "what are you?" of course, the what are you, ohhh my head is spinning like crazy, I tried to lay down but I just ended up falling on my side, whatever, i'm down.

"One hell of a pissed off motherfucker" Guy growled, then I heard another punch and a snap, brad's probably broken something, I heard the gun rattle, someone picked it up, then I saw Guy again and he crouched down in front of me "I promise I will not hurt you. As long as you promise to trust me and let me help you." he said in a semi calm voice.  I did hesitate, because this could end badly, but this was my best chance, either this or Brad, I nodded slowly.  He stepped away from me and shifted, then lowered down, I know this is going to take a lot but I have to at least try to get up, Sabrina won't come out, so i'm on my own.  I looked up, feeling very dizzy, that was a long way up, I attempted to sit up, but apparently did so too fast, I swayed and put my arm out, forgetting about the bullet stuck in it, and as soon as I had weight on it, it gave out. 

Before I even hit the ground a scaly tail wrapped around me, I was lifted up and Guy put me on his back, between his shoulder blades it seems, it was a smooth flight, I haven't had a smooth flight like that since I was ten. There's a lot of things I haven't done since I was ten, that was a good time for me. Meanwhile, I just laid between his shoulders, pushing Sabrina back when she picked at parts of my mind he's cute, his scent is wonderful, he's so masculine, he's strong, he's capable of defending us, he's hot. I ignored her for the most part, though.... she had a valid point, several, valid points.

I looked up when we landed, it was blurry but it looked like a two story house, really nice, he set me down and shifted "I'm going to carry you inside." he said, and I had a mini heart attack, people touching me just... doesn't go over too well, i've duh, had a lot of bad experiences. he seemed hesitant though.  I felt my body shaking, but I nodded. I felt like I was going to have a complete meltdown when he picked me up, but it wasn't long before he set me down on a couch.