Chapter 2

"Mommy!" I cried, as I was dragged back with ropes, my stepfather tied me to a ring on the wall and walked back over to my mother. He was holding his barbed whip, the one he almost never used. 

"No! Leave her alone!" I screamed at the top of my small lungs, I was only six years old.

"Quiet brat." he growled, raising the whip. It came down with a loud crack on my mother's chest and stomach, tearing her clothes and her flesh, she screamed in agony. 

"NO!" I shrieked, pulling on my ropes in feeble effort to do something and save her. 

"Nebula! Nebula please no! Behave yourself! Please!" My mother, Elizabeth cried, shaking her head, she screamed when the whip cracked down again. "Remember what you are Nebula, You are Draunen! The proudest race in history! Never lose your pride my darling! Please!" she screamed in agony when the whip snapped on her neck, cutting deep and severing her jugular.  Blood spurted from the wound and pooled across the floor.

"NO!" I screamed, thrashing and kicking as much as I could, "MOMMY!" I shrieked desperately when her pale figure dropped to the floor, completely lifeless. I was powerless to do anything about it, I couldn't save her, I couldn't do anything. I shrieked in pain when my bones started to crack and change, taking a different shape and new ones growing, I screamed and the ropes snapped, the scream turning into a roar halfway through, Sabrina was a foreign mind inside my own and she took over, the aggressive creature that posed as a danger to us, had to be destroyed.

"What the hell?!" My step dad growled, raising the whip again, he brought it down and coiled it around my slender neck, I shrieked and roared, thrashing, though it only made the whip cut deeper into my neck, he yanked me down and pinned me between his body, which was much more massive than my own two foot long body, with nearly three foot wings, he pinned me and tied my limbs to my body with the whip, he grabbed chains from the corner and tied it around my neck, chaining me to the loop. I shrieked and roared, pulling and thrashing, making the chains rattle loudly, he raised the whip again and-

"WAKE UP!" Someone said loudly and firmly, jolting me out of my nightmare, 

I scrambled back from the figure trying to wake me, who actually succeeded, It was Guy, I just stared at him, trying really really really hard to control my breathing, I was hyperventilating and shaking like a leaf. He moved back away from me a little, "Its okay. I'm not going to hurt you." While I was comforted by this, I wasn't at the same time, I still shook badly and couldn't stop hyperventilating. I felt water on my cheeks and looked away, rubbing the tears off quickly.

Guy came back over and gripped my chin, making me look up at him, my breath stopped for a second and my heart stuttered erratically. He was very gentle with his other hand, he wiped away the tears on my face. But as he wiped them away more poured down, he scared me... though i'm easily scared by just about anything, "i-i'm sorry, I mist have woken you up, i'm sorry." I couldn't make my voice much louder than a whisper, I was I guess really scared that because I woke him up he would punish me, I always got punished, especially if I disturbed someone's sleep. 

"No its okay. Don't apologize. You saved me from my own nightmares. So if anything I should be thanking you." He said gently, staring at me, he kept wiping away the tears as they fell, "Thank you." he said, looking at me still, I know more tears fell down my cheeks... But I started to calm down, I took a very slow breath and let it back out, he continued to wipe my tears away until I stopped crying. "Are you alright? Do you need anything?" he asked.

I opened my eyes and looked at him, "I'm fine, it was just a nightmare." I said, noticing that once again, he was watching me. 

"Okay." He seemed relieved "That's good. I heard you scream and I thought that guy from the woods was in here. Hell I thought just about anyone was in here trying to hurt you and I went all protective mode and... yeah..." he trailed off and looked down.