Chapter 17: Someone else

-Back in the building: Jimin's room-

"So Jimin..." I cleared my throat. "Why did you run away." I intertwined my fingers together, placing them on my lap comfortably, sitting on Jimin's bed as he crawled into a ball like a woodlouse, cuddling his blanket.

He didn't say anything, nor did he make eye contact with me.

"Jimin I'm asking you a question." I gave him a serious look as he took a deep breath.  

"I went on that mission because... I-I wanted to..." he sighed in frustration, allowing his raspy voice out, on the edge of crying.

Until he broke down, tears falling down like a waterfall on a stormy day.

"I-I wanted to p-prove t-t-that I wasn't a u-useless shit o-on this team ok! I d-didn't want y-you to suffer because o-of the other t-team always b-bullying you, I didn't w-want our team t-to be dragged because o-of m-m-me, and most i-importantly, I w-want..." he tried holding his tears back.

"You want what Jimin." I asked.

"I w-wanted you to love me back alright!" He yelled straight at my face, shaking my shoulders with his hands gripping on them harshly to the point it was slightly painful.

What he said to me was expected but unexpected at the same time. I knew he had strong feelings for me, but I didn't know he would be the type of person to go this far.

For me?

"You went through all this trouble only to..." I sighed in disappointment. I wanted to be straight forward here, but I didn't want to hurt his feelings. I had no intention of loving him that way, but I didn't want to break that fragile heart he has already nearly smashed.

It was now or never.

"I'm sorry..." I apologized sincerely. I knew my feelings belong to someone else, but I just didn't know who. "I have feelings for someone else." I stated as he stopped.

He stopped everything.

His crying, his movement, his breathing.

"W-Who?" He asked, giving me his biggest frown.

"I don't know, but if I didn't have feelings for anyone, I'm sure you will be the first person I see." I wiped a tear from his cheek with my thumb, giving him a faint smile.

In my surprise, he smiled as well.

"Thank you..." He thanked me for some reason. I couldn't quite tell why, but I didn't want to ask questions in a moment like this.

"I'm sorry that my feelings led to situations like this..." he frowned, whining like a little kid.

"Don't worry, love is strong, it can take over everyone. I guess it raises everyone's passion and ambition huh?" I chuckled, ruffling his hair.

Giving him a long, warm hug, he slowly let go, falling asleep with his chin on my left shoulder.

Must have been awake for a long time.

I placed his head on the bed, tucking him. Yoongi only watched from the door, leaning against it with his arms crossed. He seemed so peaceful sleeping, it made me feel like everything was back to normal again.

I left the room with Yoongi, giving one last of my glance to the sleeping Jimin before closing the door carefully. But something disturbed my curiosity. How did Yoongi know that he was there?

"Yoongi, how did you know Jimin was there?" I questioned him, but he ended up glaring at me. I gulped, feeling intimidated just by his dark pupils.