Chapter 6 - Just One Question

"Can I go to school looking like this?" He asked, referring to his shirt. I told him we could go shopping later to find clothes that actually fit him perfectly, even with me on his arm. "Doesn't get better than this, does it?" I asked and he sighed "I guess not" He said, while tying the two straps together behind my neck. We kind of got used to it by now and have found our own little tricks and hacks to work around the handcuffs. I even managed to take a almost normal shower yesterday.

So here we were, standing in front of my car, trying to figure out how to get inside. "Please tell me you have a driver's license" I said, holding my keys in my fist. "Yeah, but it's been a while since I actually drove a car" He said and I sighed "Why doesn't that surprise me?" I asked him, handing him the keys. I threw my bag on the backseats, afterwards Cameron climbed into the car through the passenger side, so I didn't have to climb. My bandage, it fell off yesterday and I didn't even bother to put another one around it. I just used the medication the doctor had given me.

Once both of us were seated, Cameron started the car. I was just happy about the fact that Chelsea had been picked up by the school bus, but since I had my driver's license, I refused to take the bus, which would have made this situation much easier. "Max" Cameron said and I looked at him "Yeah?" "I need directions" He said and I nod "Of course" I said and quickly typed the address into my phone, which I always used as navigation system, although Google Maps was probably not the most reliable navigation system.

I pressed start and Cameron pulled out of the driveway. He listened closely to the direction and I got to say, I wouldn't have expected him to be that good of a driver, especially after he downplayed his abilities earlier.

Safe and sound he parked the car in the parking lot and pulled the key out of the engine. He started climbing over to me and I got out of the car, giving him a chance to get out himself. I grabbed my bag from the backseat and closed the door again, while Cameron locked the car. After we were sure it was locked, I took my keys back and let him to the school building. It was obvious that he has never seen something like this from the inside. "Is school like in the movies?" He asked and I shook my head no "Not even close" I told him as I pushed open the front door. Just now I noticed that he had put on some shades and a baseball cap. "You look ridiculous" I told him as I let the way to my locker.

"Rather ridiculous than get cornered by fans" He said and I rolled my eyes, pulling on the handcuffs to make him hurry up. He eventually understood what I wanted and hurried a little. Since we were already late, there was no time to talk to administration about our situation, so I decided to take Cameron to class with me without informing anyone. I got the books I needed for today from my locker, Cameron taking them from me immediately. I had no idea if it was to hide himself or if he just wanted to be nice, but honestly I didn't care. As long as I didn't have to carry them I was fine with it.

We arrived in the class room on time and got a table in the back. I had to pull a table closer to Cameron, so it wouldn't hurt my arm or his. The other students seem to be way too deep in their conversation, so they didn't notice that a handcuffed girl entered the room with a strange boy that happened to be a famous actor.

As the teacher entered, the class silenced down and he was able to take attendance. "Max" He said and I raised my hand. Unfortunately the one with Cameron on it. "What is this?" He asked and the stuttering started "Ehm... I.. ehm.." I said, the confident girl disappeared immediately and replaced herself with this pathetic version of me. "Miss Peyton?" The teacher asked again. I looked at Cameron, who gave me an encouraging smile, which gave me enough courage to make it possible to for me to talk. "My sister is a prankster and I'm her favorite victim and he.. he was just at the wrong place in the wrong time" I explained "You will love her. She isn't afraid to prank her teachers either" I said, confident me being back.,