Work and Daily Life

"Have a nice day!" I called out to the lady as she waved, pulling along her young child by his hand as he talked about wanting candy. I checked around to make sure the manager wasn't around before I pulled out my phone, 11:07. I shoved the device back into my pocket quickly and groaned. I got off at 11:30, I just wanted to talk to Tavros. I had already been gone for over five hours!

Since I was still in school I only worked part time, but it didn't cross my mind that on weekends I work longer than my usual three-four hour shift. I groaned, but saw a customer coming up to the counter and replaced the look with a smile. "Can I get a medium coffee. Black," she said, I was supposed to correct her on the size, but I honestly didn't see any reason why.

"Of course, will that be all for you today?" I asked, pressing a few buttons on the register.

"No, thank you,"

"Your total is three dollars, fifty-six cents," I say as she handed me the money in bills.

"Keep the change," she insisted with a smile, I thanked her and turned to see my co-worker finishing making the coffee. He put on the lid and put it on the counter for the woman.

"Have a nice day," him and I chimed in unison, giving each other a glance as we did so. "So, Val, when do you get off work today?" He asked, leaning against the counter. I rolled my eyes and laughed, punching his shoulder.

"You've been friend-zoned," I said he laughed at that and put his hands up in a defensive way. He started to walk backwards back to his station.

"You can't blame me for trying!"  And with that he smiled and turned. Cody was cool, really flirty with everyone though, and I do mean everyone. I watched as he winked at Jason, one of our male employees. He was still a good friend despite that one little quirk of his.

It was a slow day since it was right before lunch rush, which I was so happy I got off right before then. Not only is it hell to deal with, I am so tired. I had to open today and it was not a good decision to stay up all night before this shift.

I rubbed my temples and closed my eyes. I could of fallen asleep this exact moment if it wasn't for a tap on my shoulder. I turned, expecting a happy Cody but instead saw Kaylee, my manager. "Valery, are you sleeping on the job?" She asked in a demanding voice.

I hated her so much, she was so mean. Not even for a good reason most of the time! I mean, yes, me almost falling asleep on the job is a good reason. However, when it was my first day on register and I got a half-assed tutorial and then she left and got mad because I had no clue what I was doing. That's no reason to get so pissed. I couldn't help if she didn't show me properly or answer any of my questions.

"No, Kaylee," I said quietly, continuing to rub my temples," I have a headache." I shouldn't of lied, but I really didn't want to deal with her yelling right now. The smug look she had on her face softened. But only a tiny bit.

"Okay... your shift is almost over so just last that long and you'll be home," she said before immediately turning on her heels and walking off. I couldn't tell if she was trying to be nice to me or if she felt awkward for accusing me of something that I would of probably done if I continued to sit there like that.

I glanced to see she was nowhere in sight and I pulled out my phone. 11:27 I groaned and shoved my phone back in my pocket. I wanted to hit my head on the counter, but instead I smiled as another customer approached me.

♧♢♡♤

I jumped into my office chair and turned on my computer, quickly logging on and getting on Pesterchum. I was so happy to finally be able to sit down and relax.

RottingBlossom started trolling adiostoreador

RB: Tavros! I am finally back :)
RB: Work was a pain today,

In the message box I typed "I just wanted to talk to you," and I stared at the words in contemplation. Wouldn't this effect our friendship? Wouldn't he take it differently? I scrunched up my nose. Should I put a heart at the end..?

I blushed at the thought and his my face in my hands. I was being so silly. I erased the message and leaned back in my chair and closed my eyes, sighing before loosing consciousness.