Video Chat

"H-hi," a sweet voice stuttered out. I had covered my eyes to keep him from seeing my face. I was also scared to finally see what he looked like. I felt so nervous, but I smiled behind my hands.

"Hi Tavros," I said, peeking through my fingers to finally see what he looked like. I was met by the description of the character he had given me awhile back. Awe, was he cosplaying?

"Why are you hiding your face?" He cocked his head slightly to the side. This caused me to remove my hands and show off my red, smiling, embarrassed face. A wide smile crossed Tavros's face. "You're so pretty," he cooed to me. I covered my face again and smiled.

I put my hands down on the desk and swore to myself that I wouldn't cover my face again. "Are you cosplaying?" I asked him, this sent a puzzling expression to cross over his face. "Cosplaying...? Why do you think that?" He questioned, I could see long ears that were originally hidden behind his horns start to droop.

"You... you look like the character you described to me for my book..." I said, confusion began to swirl in my stomach. Is he just a dedicated cosplayer? Why is he not admitting to not actually looking like that? I don't understand...

His ears suddenly shot up and a horrified look crossed his face. I could see his lip quiver and suddenly the chat ended quickly. I tried to call him back but he refused to pick up. Little things began to click. The first time he told me his age, the odd typing... 'SORRY, I'M A TROLL'.

It didn't make any sense. I don't understand why those little things clicked together in my mind. It didn't make any sense as to why they would. But for some reason it made sense... I don't know what he was, but whatever it was, he called himself a Troll...

My poor Tavros, I'm sorry...

♧♢♡♤

I could feel the tears pouring down my face, I was so embarrassed! Valery must think I'm a freak! My hands shook and I hugged myself tightly trying to make them stop. I didn't bother to wipe away the tears that stained my cheeks. I let them fall into my lap, embracing the sadness.

She would never want to talk to me again! I fell for her and it ended so abruptly. My chest hurt so bad. I thought she knew.... I told her! Maybe she forgot? Maybe she thought I meant something else? I don't know! I sniffled and once I calmed down I could hear faint ringing coming from my computer.

Valery was still calling me? Why? Why would she want to still talk to me? I thought I had scares her. With a sudden wipe of my face and a few more sniffles, I answered the call. "H-hello?" I stammered, my nose was stuffy which was obvious in my voice.

"Tavros," she started with a gasp," I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to upset you!" I could see how distressed she looked, her bottom lip was puffed out in a pout. "I didn't think you meant any of it literally! Troll is what we call people who like to trick other people, so when you said you were a Troll after saying a range of years I didn't know, I thought it was a joke. And the description you gave me.. I thought you made it up because I've never seen anyone like that before. I'm so sorry, please forgive me," she begged, my lip stopped quivering.

"I was only upset because I was scared you would stop talking to me... I thought I scared you," I admitted, wiping at one of my eyes. She shook her head, a faint smile and a bit of a soft, forced laugh.

"I could never stop talking to you. You already mean too much to me," she said as she wiped at her eyes. I wanted to hug her. It was the strongest urge to pull her into my lap and wrap my arms around her in a tight embrace. To my dismay, I could only put a hand on the screen.

I didn't know how to respond to her. She sniffled a bit, wiped at her eyes a few times, scrunched up her nose. It wasn't til after this that she smiled at me. She still sniffled slightly, but a wide smile crossed her face and there was a soft, forced laugh. "Tavros, despite our differences... I think you're the most handsome person I've ever met," she said, I hid my face in my hands as I smiled widely.i heard her giggle from the other side of the chat and I felt my heart leap out of my chest.

I looked up at her, my smile still stuck on my face. "I think the same about you," I said, suddenly my ears shot up and my eyes went wide," B-but beautiful! You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." She giggled and I watched her blush and cover her cheeks with her hands. It was so weird. The mood went from distress and anxiety to happiness and humour. I loved how easily she was able to better the mood.

I sighed dreamily as I stared at her. "I wish I could hold your hand," I said in a yearning tone, hugging myself lightly. My words caught her attention and she put her hand up, with the palm facing me. I don't know why I did, but I mimicked her action.

She slowly closed her hand and turned it into a soft fist. I did the same. "There, now... it's like we are holding hands," she cooed. I blushed, but ended up laughing. She was so precious. So adorable. I wanted to say she was mine, but it wasn't meant to be... atleast, not yet.