Chapter 5

"That Kakashi!" Tsunade growled, slamming her fist on the desk.

Shizune sat there, trembling, not knowing what she was supposed to do next.

"Naoto, get Naruto and Yamato and go searching for them" the blonde ordered.

I nodded, but had no idea who I had to go after. "Who do we have to search for?" I asked.

The Hokage tsked. "Yamanaka Ino, Nara Shikamaru, Akimichi Choji and Hatake Kakashi" she replied, a bit calmer. "They left to avenge Asuma's death last night. Take Naruto and Yamato, find them and bring them back" she ordered.

"Hokage-sama, I would like to go with her" the pink haired girl that sat in a corner all this time came forward.

Tsunade sighed. "Fine, but Naoto's in charge of the mission" she turned to me. "Naoto, this is Haruno Sakura. She's a medical ninja"

I nodded. "Alright. Best be on our way, Sakura-san" I said, turning around and leaving the room, with Sakura behind me.

As we exited the building, a flash of yellow hair whisked past us, but returned in a matter of seconds.

"Naoto-chan, Sakura-chan, have you seen Kakashi-sensei?" Naruto asked, catching his breath.

I scratched the back of my head. "About that, Naruto...he's gone after Asuma's killers with Ino, Shikamaru and Choji. Tsunade-sama sent us to retrieve them" I explained.

"Us?" he asked, tilting his head.

"Yeah, knucklehead" I exclaimed. "You, me, Sakura and Yamato" I completed. "Where is he, anyway?"

Just as I asked that, a sweaty and tired Yamato ran up to us, clutching his right side and gasping for air.

"Just in time, Yamato-sensei" I exclaimed. "We need to leave right now"

I heard him sigh exasperatedly, but it couldn't be helped. If those Akatsuki members managed to kill Asuma, who, from what I've heard, was an exceptional shinobi and had three backups, they might actually kill Kakashi as well. The rest didn't make a sound, probably because Kuronuma's chakra intimidated them, so I led the three others out of the village without commanding anything. I was starting to like leadership.

About half a day later, we were wondering around a forest. My Karuigan didn't pick up any forms of chakra or human life form yet, so we moved forward at top speed. But when we were deep inside the forest, I started sensing the heat of a battle.

"Found them! About 200 meters ahead!" I announced.

I recognized the chakra of Kakashi, Ino and Choji, but there was no trace of Shikamaru's. There was only one chakra that I didn't recognize, but there were supposed to be two. That meant Shikamaru got separated with the other Akatsuki.

"Stop!" I ordered, landing on a branch with a frown.

Naruto grumbled, landing beside me. "We can't wait, Naoto. Our friends are out there fighting. We need to get there as soon as possible" he lectured me.

"Shikamaru is missing and so does one of the enemies" I let them know. "He got separated"

I saw Sakura frown, standing facing me on a branch. "Or they could have died" she grimly said.

I shook my head. "I would have sensed their chakra, even after their deaths" I replied. "Besides, if would have killed Shikamaru, then the others would have been long gone. Kakashi would have probably been the last one standing" I pondered.

"So what's the plan, captain?" Yamato smirked.

I looked up, thinking of something to do. "Yamato, take Naruto and attack the one we've found" I ordered, the two males nodding and leaving quickly.