Chapter Four-Crisis

Seconds ran into minutes, minutes into hours, hours into days,days into weeks and weeks into months.Christmas had come again,yuletide greetings and celebrations which usually started from the first week of December.

This Christmas wouldn't go well for Syd and Carl,they had a major fight nothing like the normal quarrels they used to have,this was quite different.

They were going to spend their Christmas holiday apart for the first time since their union.Sydney travelled to India and Carl to Canada.Their marriage was definitely going to hit the rocks.

                          ^_^

Flashback

         It was early September and Sydney who rarely fell ill, was down with fever.She decided to take some days off work to rest.Aarti who had been out of the country for some weeks came visiting

"Ooooh my gosh.Hello Darling,how are you doing" Sydney screamed as she hugged Aarti and pecked her

"Am alright dear.How have you been??"Aarti asked while dropping the bags she came with beside the bed

"Fine dear,you told me you 'd be arriving next week.What happened??"

" I was only joking, I arrived yesterday night and decided to rush here immediately cause I 've missed you so much"

"Aawwwww so you were pulling my legs huh.So how's Shirley and Vikram doing? "

"They are still in India but they should be in the country next week or thereabout.Enough about me.What's up!, how 've you been? "

"Am alright girlfriend, just having a little fever and getting a bed rest"

"I noticed.So how are you and Carl now,I mean after the hmmm hmmm you know" Aayarti asked smiling in a naughty way.

"Darling everything has been working out fine, the last two months have been okay, I mean we are not so close but at least we are better than we were before.Carl's is currently not in the country though"

"Well thank God for you babe hope it stays that way.So have you taken some drugs cause you don't look alright"

"Yeah I have but it looks like the fever only comes in the morning and I always feel weird and nauseous"

"Hmmm well am here now and am going to be spending the weekend with you alright.Uhmm how's Violet?"

"Oh my,some girls time.Was beginning to get bored and home sick.Violet's fine,she came yesterday with Estree"

"Aaaaaw her pretty daughter, I do hope she comes again before I leave.Well enough of the gossips, this is for you" Aaarti gave Sydney the bags she brought and they ransacked it together. It contained designer bags,shoes, clothes and makeup.

      That night Sydney couldn't sleep,she kept on complaining of stomach ache and refused to go to the hospital even when Aaarti pleaded with her.She just kept on throwing up and acting all weak,she sat on the floor with Aayarti who held her

"Syd, when was the last time you saw your flow?? " Aarti asked

        " What??! " Sydney asked pretending she didn't hear her the first time

   " Your monthly period, when last did you see it?? " she asked again

         " I... I.. don't know " Sydney stuttered as her eyes widened in horror. She stood up from the floor were she was sitting with Aarti and rushed to the bed

"Christ,wait a minute" She unlocked her phone and entered the Period Tracker app,she was a month and two weeks late,she turned to Aaarti

     " Am late!! A month and two weeks late " Sydney said looking horrified