Chapter Thirty Seven

Jeon Jungkook

My eyes widened at her words, I didn't quite know how to react. But with every second I sat there and didn't respond, I saw the worry fill her face. I felt a small smile land on my lips as I wrapped my arms around her tightly and pressed a soft kiss to her forehead.

Her shoulders and chest shook as she cried. But now I was wondering why, I reacted appropriately didn't I?

"I'm so scared..." she whispered quietly and I pulled away from the hug, tilting her head up.

"And why are you scared?" I kept my voice quiet as well, and wiped her tears away gently.

"W-What if it goes wrong? What if someone finally decides that I've lived long enough? What happens in a few months time if you decide you don't find me interesting anymore and don't want a kid?-" she squeaked, tears falling more rapidly now. I sighed and pulled her close.

"I won't ever decide I don't find you interesting anymore." I cupped her cheeks and lifted her head and met her eyes.

"B-But"

"There's no buts about it. You're my mate and you're stuck with me." I peppered her face in kisses causing her to giggle.

"That tickles." I smiled.

"There's that smile..." I hummed gently and she sighed softly, leaning forward and resting her forehead on my shoulder.

"I love you." She spoke quietly.

"I love you too."

--

I held her as she slept in my arms, she was still feeling ill, and there wasn't much we could do to help her as Taehyung had determined. I looked down at her, feeling my heart swell and tears brim my eyes. I loved her, I truly did, and now she was holding our child-

I smiled, closing my eyes and just laying there for a while, completely zoning out the rest of the world and focusing on her. Her heart beat was steady and calm. I grinned to myself feeling her shift slightly in her sleep and hold onto me tighter.

"I love you..." I whispered quietly and I heard her heart race for that split second before calming back down and I chuckled opening my eyes and looking down at her.

I would do anything for her, even if that meant dying. That's what I vowed to do, after the scenario with Jackson- I couldn't loose her.