Chapter 4

Kim's grandfather is getting worse by the day, and not being able to find the long lost cousin weighs on Kim deeply. He asks Cassie to pretend to be that lost cousin. After she says "no, I can't lie to a dying man", Kim offers to pay off all her and her father's debts to the loan sharks. This is something Cassie just can't resist and she eventually assents to his proposal. After Cassie moves in with the family, which brings Grandpa great joy and helps in his recovery process, Kim finds himself drawn to her, and a forbidden attraction springs up between them. They know they aren't related by blood, but no one else does -- at first!

Meanwhile,  childhood friend, Neal, falls in love with Cassie after he helped her evade the loan sharks several times earlier and became friendly with her, and around the same time Kim's old girlfriend Tanya a professional tennis player, has come back into his life after two years, wanting to pick up where they left off. Further complicating things, Cassie starts falling for Kim for real … but now because she’s posed as his cousin, it’s a love that can never be. Should Cassie accept Neal's sincere love for her, even though she just thinks of him as a friend, or should she risk a tumultuous love affair with her "cousin" Kim which could shake the foundation of everyone's lives?