Chapter 18 - Of Revelations

Hey ya!
Vacations are gonna be over soon. Meehhhhh bummer! 😥😥😥

Anyways, Onwards!!!

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

(Words in braces) - Telephone conversations

Chapter 18 - Of Revelations

"How could I not remember that...that monster! The one who tried to kill me five years ago." Ragini spoke in fright.

"What!?" Laksh asked in anger and disbelief.

Arjun placed his hand on Ragini's shoulder and looked at her eyes. "You don't need to be afraid, alright? We're all here. Tell us what happened."

They heard a thud and saw Samay lying on the ground, Maya standing on him with her heel on his back. "Mind my words Samay. This time, I will kill you, even if it means I get imprisoned for life." saying that Maya turned around and stormed off inside to the party.

Samay turned around and looked at her go with a smile. "Oh how much I love you! Soon you will be mine."

Arjun grit his teeth in fury

Arjun grit his teeth in fury. Laksh could practically hear his teeth grinding with each other from his place beside him. 'Eh? Is it me or is bhai getting jealous? But I thought he hated Maya.'

Arjun saw Samay leave and turned to Ragini once again. "Ragini, tell us please. We want to help. Samay seems like a dangerous person. Don't you think it would be best if me and the other boys help?"

Ragini looked down in thought. After all, he wasn't wrong. She nodded. "His name is Samay Randhawa, a top dog in the fashion world. He collaborated with Maya Di on one of her projects."

"So that's how he came to know of Maya."

Ragini nodded. "The day he and his manager came to our house to finalize the deal with Maya Di, we sisters saw how he was looking at her like a love sick puppy. At first, we teased Maya Di with his name. But we knew Samay would get his heart broken because Maya di didn't have any such feelings towards him. After the deal was over, he proposed to her. But Maya di outright refused saying love was just a waste of her time."

"He didn't stop trying, did he?"

"No. In fact, he became more desperate. He would come to her office, try to please her with expensive gifts and did whatever he could possibly do. It became intolerable when he went so far as to threaten our parents that if they didn't marry Maya Di to him, he will destroy us."

"What did your family do?"

"Tanuja Di got him arrested. But because of his connections, he got out the very next day." Ragini took in a shaky breath. Laksh could feel that whatever happened next effected her greatly. He pulled her into a hug to make her feel safe. Ragini held on tight to him.