Spyro 2 Cutscene 4: No Dragons, Wonderful!

Cynder had collected the 6 talismans from the worlds of Summer Forest, entered the castle, and gotten down to Crush's Dungeon.

BUT.

This cutscene told how Ripto, Crush and Gulp arrived in Avalar.

'Before you get to the castle dungeon, Cynder, I thought that you might wanna know how Ripto and his monsters arrived in Avalar. You see, last week in the Winter Tundra, the Professor was working on some new super portal technology.'

As Elora stated in the voiceover, Elora, Zoe, Hunter, and the Professor were at work with a new superportal in the inside area of the castle of Winter Tundra.

"There, That's the last orb in place." The Professor said. "Now let's see. All we need are some coordinates..."

Hunter spoke up. "How about 22475?" he suggested. "That's my birthday." he said to Elora and Zoe. Then he went up to the superportal keypad & started typing 22475. [If Hunter was human, he'd be 24 years old in the time the game was first released.]

ANYWAY...

Zoe pointed something out to Elora, who suddenly realized what was happening. "No, Hunter! Don't..." she started. "What?" Hunter said, turning to Elora...

...and only realizing too late he'd accidentally turned the superportal on!

SUDDENLY!

From a volcanic-like background that came from the portal, out shot Ripto, followed closely by Gulp, and then Crush, who landed on top of Ripto. "Get off me! GET OFF ME, you useless baboons!" Ripto shouted.

Elora, Zoe, Hunter, and the Professor saw Ripto angrily get out from under his minions. "Why can't either... off... you..." he stopped when he saw them. "Where are we?" he wondered. He sniffed the air. "Hmmm... no dragons! Wonderful! Crush! Go back and pack my bags! We're moving in!" He looked at Elora, Zoe, Hunter, and the Professor. "Say hello to your new king!"

Elora was horrified. "Professor! Shut it down! Hurry!" she shouted. "Oh my! Oh my!" The Professor said. "I can't see the switch! I think I've broken my glasses!" [looks like someone should've gone to Specsavers!]

Crush just stared at the portal, confused at what to do. Well, if he's as dumb as a certain Bikini Bottom starfish, so what do they expect?

Ripto saw this and facepalmed. "Oh boy." he muttered. "Crush! Go through the portal, you idiot!"

Elora saw her chance to stop him temporarily. She turned to Zoe. "Tell all your friends to take the orbs and scatter them throughout Avalar! Quickly!" Zoe and her fairy friends grabbed the orbs from the superportal, turning it off. "Noooo!" Ripto said angrily. "Gulp! Crush! Get the orbs NOW!"

Crush and Gulp chased the fairies carrying the orbs. Ripto tried to grab one of the orbs which was carried by Zoe, but was taken along with the orb. "You despicable little creature! I'll kill you!" Ripto yelled as Zoe took him and the orb away.

"This is bad news for Avalar." Elora said. "Hunter, why didn't you chase him?"

"Uhhh. yeah, I... uhh... would've gone after them... but then he said something about not liking dragons."

That gave Elora an idea. "Professor, could we catch a dragon to help us?" "Yes, yes, I think so!" The Professor said. "But we'll need a world that has an alignment much better suited to intercepting one of these creatures. How about... Glimmer?"

"Good idea!" Elora said. "We'd better go right now!"