Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon Intro Cutscenes

'An Evil Plot Unfolds...'

It was early morning in the Dragon World. Spyro, Cynder, and Hunter, along with loads of other Elder Dragons, were asleep, in the morning light. Surrounding them; was about 150 baby dragon eggs, all for the Year of the Dragon festival; a festival that came every 12 years in the Dragon World, when new baby dragons were born. Fairies delivered new dragon eggs into the Dragon Realms, and the eggs hatch only at this time.

HOWEVER, all that was to change...

Right now.

For on this day, a strange hooded figure in a purple robe popped outta a hole in the ground, closely followed by some different coloured rhyno-like creatures called Rhynocs, who grabbed the eggs in the area, and took them down the holes they had came out of.

The hooded figure grabbed the last egg for itself, and started toward one of the holes, but at that moment, one of the Elder Dragons yawned, startling her. Once the elder dragon went to sleep, the hooded figure moved toward another hole, but as she did, she accidentally trod on Hunter's tail, making him yowl in pain, which woke all the elder dragons, and Spyro and Cynder up.

The elder dragons saw the hooded figure, who bolted for the nearest hole. Hunter tripped over a rock, Spyro went up and flamed the hooded figure, and Cynder zapped the hooded figure, which sent her flying into the air, and into the hole the hooded figure was running for. A blue elder dragon leapt for her,, but got his head stuck in the hole, blocking Spyro and Cynder from getting after the hooded figure.

'A Powerful Villain Emerges...'

The hooded figure entered a throne room in some other realm, carrying a dragon egg. "We managed to capture the eggs, Your Highness; every last one!" the hooded figure panted, placing the egg in front of someone on the throne in said throne room.

"Excellent." said the villain of Spyro 3, called The Sorceress; in a voice that resembled Shuriki from Elena of Avalor. "Maybe you will amount to something after all. Now, go guard the tunnels!" she ordered. "Stop anyone from coming through!"

The hooded figure bowed and left. Unbeknownst to her and the Sorceress, Zoe, the fairy, had been seeing everything from a window...

'A Desperate Rescue Begins...'

Meanwhile, back in the Dragon World, a Elder dragon was trying to pull the blue Elder Dragon outta the hole he got stuck in. By this time, Zoe flew up outta one of the holes, and up to another Elder Dragon, Spyro, Cynder, and Hunter.

"Where are the eggs?" the elder dragon asked Zoe.

"The holes came out on the other side of the Dragon World!" Zoe said. "We found some of the eggs, but they were too heavy to carry back!"

"The other side of the world?" Cynder asked.

"The Forgotten Worlds..." The Elder Dragon said. He turned to Spyro, Cynder, and Hunter. "Spyro, Cynder," he said, "you two will have to go. Nobody else can fit down the holes."

"Yeah, c'mon, let's go!" Hunter said, jumping into a hole and getting stuck. The Elder Dragon stomped him down it. "Find the eggs, and bring them back, Spyro, and Cynder. You two are our only chance." he said.

"You got it!" Spyro said. "We're on it!" Cynder said.

"Cynder," Spyro said, "why don't we split up? You go after Hunter, and I'll take that hole over there." He motioned to a hole a short distance from the hole the blue elder dragon was stuck in. "Good idea." Cynder said. "We'll cover more ground of the Forgotten Worlds that way."

With that, Spyro went down the hole near the stuck elder dragon, and Cynder went into the hole Hunter went down, to hopefully find the missing eggs.