26

the sun was hiding behind the clouds when she walked into the school compound. the dullness suddenly faded away the moment she heard his loud laughter that filled the place with warmth. as she walked closer to the area where Yui and her friends always sat, she caught sight of him, looking at his palm with a soothing smile plastered on his face as he sat on a bench table.

she froze on her track when his gaze suddenly moved up to meet hers. the smile faltered and he intensely stared at her, his eyes telling stories that his lips couldn't - stories that he himself failed to understand.

without averting her gaze, she continued walking towards them. as she got closer, he began to tense up and could remain seated. he got up, a smile forming on his face as he approached her.

"why didn't you answer your phone?" he asked immediately, his melodic voice catching her off guard. "I have to talk to you."

he somewhat said the last line seriously, but no one other than her would have noticed.

"I slept as soon as I got home," she lied.

"oh, is that?" he flashed her a full smile. "I was worried... can I talk to you now?"

"I'll call you later, I have to go to class now."

and just as she was about to walk past him, he grabbed her arms and pushed her back to where she was standing.

"I don't have a girlfriend"

and as if he knew that his smile was her weakness, he gave her a warm smile before letting her walk away.

∆∆•∆::