Chapter 30: It Should Have Been Me

Hope you guys enjoy!

------

--------

--------

--------

*******

Shattered Chapter 30- It Should Have Been Me

Edward's Pov

Glass went everywhere, which made me turn. Bella jumped and pushed Alice out of the way from something. Jasper ran to catch Alice as the rest of us watched as the scene unfolded.

A grey wolf burst through the window and sank its teeth in to My Bella's back. Emmett was quick and shoved the grey wolf off of her.

Her lifeless figure laid on the ground stiff as the stone we really are. Emmett and Jasper were taking care of the wolf, while my focus was solely on Bella. I swept her in my arms and shook her lightly, waiting for something to tell me that she is alright.

But there was no movement.

None at all.

The smell of death was in the air, but it was from the mutt that sunk her teeth into my Bell.

Good ridens, I thought to myself. But I could not bring myself to smile at the mutt's death, the only way I could smile is by having my wife up and alive. As of right now I am kept neutral.

The fire arose and was now burning the wolf. Emmett's thoughts were pretty happy.

' Yes! I killed a mutt! Jasper did not do anything!' He thought cheerily. Though once he saw Bella's lifeless body, his mood went from happy to furious.

' My baby sister!!! Stupid mutt should have had a more painful death.' His hands clenched to fists and he was turning into a very callous person by his thoughts.

Carlisle moved over towards me and gave me a sympathetic gaze. He motioned for me to flip her slightly and put her on the couch, but I was not letting her go. She was not leaving my arms. Not an inch away.

" Edward, keep her back to me. Make her sit up." Carlisle commanded while I did as he said slowly. Carlisle did not show any irritation, because I saw through his thoughts that he was thinking of himself in my position.

If he had Esme in his arms, he would not even let anyone within an inch near. If Esme was the one who was unresponsive he would tear the world apart. But here I am sitting here, only following Carlisle's orders, in hopes that My Bella will come back to me.

Her back had the marks, which for some reason was covering her whole body in black, as if making the bite control her. Control her body till death. She looks so fragile, well she is always fragile to me. But as of right now she looks even more fragile that as a mortal.