Chapter 1

"Holy Rome!" I'm in a sunny meadow blooming with white daisies and grass up to my ankles. Holding a broom in my hands, I run towards the boy I called out for. Holy Rome... Why does that name sound familiar? Who is that? The boy, who I assume is Holy Rome, turns and sees me. His blonde bangs fall just down to his face, barely reaching the pools of blue in his eyes. He wore a black cape with a white cravat and a hat, also black, that almost looked like one of a pirate. I run up to him, his face turning slightly red. I call out his name again.

"Holy Rome!' He calls my name back.

"Italy!" He starts to run back to me. Suddenly, our surroundings change and we're surrounded by darkness. The grassy meadow turns into an intangible black floor. The once blue sky is now black, yet somehow there's still light in here. Light enough for me to see Holy Rome anyways, who's looking as confused as me. I reach out to him and call out his name again, but no sound comes out of my mouth. He looks to me and I see tears stream down his face as he mouths a 'goodbye, Italy.'

Holy Rome pieces apart, one by one, each part of him turning itself into a murder of crows. I reach out for him as I see the last bit of his teary-eyed face disintegrate into crows. The crows fly away, their black coats barely visible. 

And that's when I notice something. I'm falling down into my shadow. The ground beneath me is suddenly gone. The darkness starts to fade and I see the meadow again. I see the ground get increasingly closer. I close my eyes. 

And that's when I wake up.