Chapter 6

"Don't worry Veneziano," Seborga said. "We're almost there." We're in Munich. Germany's house is on the north side, but we just entered from the south.

"Hurry, Seborga!" I need to see Germany now. I can't wait any longer. Seborga sped up just a bit more. The car skidded around corners, tires screeching. Good thing there's no traffic at 2:00 in the morning. I looked at the dashboard and noticed that the gas light was blinking. Seborga caught my glance and noticed as well. He sped the car up even more, but the car slowed down, gradually coming to a stop.

"Go, Veneziano. Go see him." I nod.

"Grazie, Seborga." I see him nod as I run off. Luckily, the car stopped only a few blocks away from Germany's house. I sprint towards the building that always makes me feel so comfortable. I start to wonder, did Germany really have that dream too? It felt different, it felt shared.

I see Germany's house. I'm sprinting toward the door. I throw it open and run inside, closing it behind me. I slow down, turning my run into a walk. I stop in front of the door to Germany's room. I knock twice and turn the doorknob.

--

Germany was sitting up, a hand pressed against his face. Prussia sat on the side of his bed. They looked up as I slowly walked in.

"Italy..." Prussia said faintly. He stood up and walked towards me. "I'll leave you two alone." He shuts the door behind him. I walk up to Germany's bed, my heart pounding. He put his hand in his lap as I sat down on the side of his bed where Prussia was a moment ago. He looked up at me.

"Hallo, Italy."

"Ciao, Holy Rome."

"You figured it out."

"You didn't." He smiled.

"That's true. I couldn't remember anything from before Bruder found me. Apparently he got a text from Spain, saying that Romano told him that you figured it out and were on your way. Bruder told me everything." Germany shifted so his legs were off his bed and scooted right next to me.

"Seborga was the one who told me everything. You gave him independence, so he had every right to know." Germany went silent for a moment.

"You had the same dream as I did, didn't you? With Vati and our past selves?" I leaned against him and felt his warmth.

"Yeah. Grandpa was there too." There was a short pause before Germany spoke again.

"We kissed," he said. I feel my face flushing with red again. I smile warmly.

"Yeah," I say. "We did." I start to feel tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Italy," he started, his cheeks red. "Ich liebe dich." My face is practically steaming. My heart feels like it's about to burst out of my chest.

"Ti amo, Germany." He looked down at me and put his big, warm hand to my wet face. He leans in slowly and gently presses his soft lips to mine. I slowly wrap my arms around the back of his neck, kissing him back. We stay like this for what seems like an eternity. I guess this is the universe's way to make up for the centuries that we've been apart.

I pull away and find myself crying into his chest, my arms slipping down his back.

"What's wrong, Italy?"

"I loved Holy Rome in the 900's, and now I love you. Who knew that, after over a thousand years, I would end up falling in love with the same person?" I look up at him, forcing a smile. I sit up to kiss him again.

Germany kisses me back, and I feel like I could stay this way forever.

Author's note~

Okay, this could be considered the end. I have so much more I've written and want to write (I just need to edit them since I wrote them on vacation without wifi like the rest of this story), but it's not nearly as good as these first 6 chapters... Opinions please >.<