Prelude

A quote by Plato once said that human beings were originally created with four arms, four legs, and a head with two faces. However, Zeus feared their power so he split them into two separate parts, thereby condemning them to spend their lives in search of their other halves.

He is Adamson – impatient, strong-willed, and gentle, albeit insensitive at times. He wants to get what he wants, and he uses his brains (and charm) to get it. She is Geneva – impulsive, tactless, emotional (sometimes a little too emotional for her own good), immature, and selfless. She revels in the wonders of the world around her and she has a lot of things to say, however, she ends up not saying it most of the time.

This is a story about two people with very different ideas and ways to live life. They are both ordinary and extraordinary in their own little ways, and this peculiarity led them to each other’s lives.

Theirs was a story of how it could have happened, how it almost happened, how it should have happened, and how it finally happened. Love proved to be exhilarating, but it was quick, swift. Just as fast as when she pulled away when they shared a kiss - not knowing it was already their last one.

                                                                 ---

Sonnet 43 (poem) belongs to Elizabeth Barrett Browning. 

All rights reserved.