Friends?

It's been about a week or so since Jasmyn started playing zombie tag with the other kids behind the school. She still didn't know the British girl's name. Both started to separate from the group, and began laying down in the hill. Which Jasmyn was more than happy to share with the British girl.

"So what's it like in Britain? All I know is from what I see on T.V." The conversation was completely normal, two friends having a fun time. "Well there are pubs. Ohhh this one time my aunt got my drunk by accident. Hehehe! It hardly ever snows there so when it does we get to play outside. I remember having the most epic snowball fights!"

It was a lovely mid fall, the bright sun was blinding. The gentle wind blew through the trees making a unique calming rustle.

Further into the chat, things got a bit serious.

"Yeah my family doesn't go to church. We don't believe in god." Jasmyn was surprised to meet someone else who thought like her and that didn't agree with the rest. "So... I mean what is it like?" The other girl kindly responded back, "Well. Ummm. People just don't say much, my family are atheist. Are you an atheist?"

This was Jasmyn chance to express her thought, and be herself without being shamed for her ideas. "Yeah. I'm an atheist. Now that I know there is a word for it." She knew she wouldn't be able to tell her family, but it was good enough that an other person knew. Now Jasmyn didn't see the foreign girl as another playmate but like a friend, she just had to ask her. "Are we friends!?" Holding her breath to hear the worst. "Hehehe. Of course we are. I think it's adorable when you nervous."