18 || Emotionally Scarred

Caden's P.O.V.

It's June 30th.

It's been a week and she shows no signs of waking up.

Ava's been transferred to a hospital in Alcadon to further examine the cause of the coma. They found out that she took several hits to the head. Weapon : unknown.

No idea how they couldn't figure that out back in Italy.

I gave Ava's parents the recording and they and my parents decided to take it to the police after discussing it.
Again, no idea why they had to discuss it.

Now, the police from Alcadon and Nevilin are looking for the organization to get the serum so that scientists can create something to cancel it out. Now, other countries are participating too. Ya know, it's not just us that's being affected, well, I think.

I stopped visiting Ava after the few days that I actually went there and hung out with Twilight. She lives closer than I thought. I just started getting sick of the room and Ava's lifeless body with her wings spread out, one of em' broken. I'm surprised that the public still doesn't know about this. I guess they'll find out eventually...

*******
"Hey Caden." Twilight grinned. "Hey." I replied.

"So, what do you want to do?" She asked. "Hmm....how about I teach you how to steal...." I pondered.

"No! Something that's not that!!" She immediately yelled in response.

"Hey! Hey! Chill. It was just a joke." I chuckled.

"Seriously. What do you want to do? And when does school start for you?" She asked.

"School starts....," I paused and checked my phone. "On August 18th. And you?" I asked back.

"Woah. That's early. And mine starts in September." She had a shocked expression on her face.

"It kind of is a boarding school. You could attend from home though if you're close enough." I shrugged.

"Do you stay there?" She asked.

"Yeah. I sometimes go home on the weekends though. How come you haven't heard any of this from....." I paused, a gloomy cloud covering my face.

"It never really came up in our conversation. Other than how much of a pain the stuff in class and homework is, we didn't talk about school. Plus, in reality, we didn't hang out too often. Probably once or twice a month. And...we need to stop getting glum every time her name comes up." She sighed.

"Yeah...I get it....I'll try. Where do you want to go? I can't really think of anything good to do." I frowned.

"Well,......hmmm......—"

"—Hey!! Actually, I've got a great place to go to!" I interrupted, a place sparking in my mind.

"Where's that?" Twilight asked.

"The only people I know that knows about this place is Evie, Ryan, and..Ava, but you might, who knows?" I reply, leading her outside of the small town we currently were in, making sure we weren't being followed. To be fair, the people living around her got used to the fact that royalty was walking around. It took quite a while though.

"It might be a bit of a long walk. You okay with that?" I ask.

"Of course I am! We honestly got nothing better to do anyways." Twilight shrugged grinning.