Chapter 1: Noobie

You sat impatiently looking out the window from a taxi. You were new to the town, and you were moving into your new home. Back in your old town everyone spread rumors of this new town ever since a 7 year old girl was found dead hanging from the kitchen, her stomach split open. Her organs were removed and her stomach was filled with candy. You shivered at the thought.

You didn't move in to solve this repugnant case, you were tired of hearing the same rumors over, and over again. "Did you hear about that little girl? The one that was found dead in the kitchen? How disgusting, eh?," You remembered you're neighbor, Martha say. She was old, but very wise.

"Yes. Yes I have, and I'm so sick of it." You said to her sternly. Martha chuckled.

The taxi stopped, removing that thought from your head.
"That'll be $40.00 please." The dark skinned taxi driver said. He looked at you from the car mirror. You quickly paid him, and he helped you take out your belongings from the trunk.
"Is that all?" The taxi driver asked.

"Yes. The rest of my belongings will come in later,"

"Alright then. Be very cautious and careful about this place." He glanced at you, his dark eyes met yours.

"Why?" You asked, but he already left.
You just stood there, thinking on what the taxi driver said. You finally stopped thinking and picked up your belongings and walked up to the house.

The house was old, obviously, but...very old. It seemed like it has been abandoned since the Civil War.

You walk up the stairs, luggage at hand. You feel a shiver going down your spine, but you brush it off. It's just an old house You thought. You open the door, and the door creaks which makes you cringe a little. Once you stepped inside, you had a huge view of the house. Some walls were broken, revealing some pipes. The floor was dusty....er...everything was dusty, the living room was pretty spacious and on your right was a wooden staircase. The staircase looked like it will break even if you sneezed on it. You dropped your belongings on the floor, and slowly walked to the kitchen. You were nervous and you started to doubt yourself. You remember Martha speaking of the little girl. This is it. This is where it killed her. You slowly turned and saw nothing. The little girl wasn't there, what was there were candy. It went from the dusty table all the way to the floor.

You gasped. I can't believe it! The rumors were true! You tried to stay calm as you walked back. Your heart was pounding. You got your bags, and went outside to breathe. You stayed outside for a while and you just got a call that the rest of your belongings will come in 2 days because the the truck had a small incident. You kicked a rock in frustration and sat on the stairs, head in your hands. When the sky turned darker, you went back to the house, you placed your bags near the stairs. Your curiosity made you go upstairs, and look around. The walls were dark, and here and there were a couple of holes. The floor was covered in a marooned rug, and you noticed the rug had some dark spots on it. The windows were cracked and could cut you if you tried to jump out the window. You rub your neck, feeling a bit uncomfortable.

You went inside of one bedroom, and looked around. This must be a kids room you thought. You peered out the window, and saw the backyard which the grass needs to be mowed. You sighed and something caught your eye. Moving forward, and stretching your arm to clear lots of cobwebs, you notice there is a really big toy chest. It was very dusty so you blew on it, and the chest said "Hayley". Looking confused, you opened the chest and you fell backwards. Your heart was pounding, and your eyes widen. That 7 year old....Hayley....was inside the chest. Dead.