Chapter 4: Proposal

Your throat went dry as you ran. You obviously didn't know the town much but you do remember driving past a police station by a library. The wind blew through your hair as you squinted, searching for a library. It was so dark outside but then again, it was nighttime. 

A large brick building came upon your sight and you ran to around it, searching for a police station. You finally spotted one. It was by a gas station...you ran inside and got the man behind the counter to notice you. "Hello, what can we do to help you?" He turned to you and his eyes were baggy from not sleeping well. He had a scar on his left cheek; seemed like a knife managed to cut his cheek. 

"Yes, ummm...how should I put this...THERE IS A CLOWN CHASING ME AND I RAN TO A STORE AND HE KILLED ONE OF THE WORKERS THERE!!" You yelled, desperate for someone's help.

The man just stared at you, dumbfounded. "Is this a joke?" He sounded a bit frustrated. 

'Joke? JOKE!?! DOES IT LOOK LIKE I'M PLAYING SOME GAME!?!' You thought to myself. "No, Sir, please listen to me! He KILLED someone and I'm sure that I am next. I live in the abandoned house that the little girl was killed and I believe that the clown did it!" You insisted and the officer's eyebrow rose a bit. He doesn't believe me. "Fine! I'll somehow do this job myself!" You angrily snapped and stomped out of the police station. 

You were running across the street when you felt something hard grab your neck, enabling you to breathe. You gasped for air and the hand pushed you to an alley. You narrowed your eyes at the figure that pinned you onto the wall. 

The clown stood there, smiling like the freak he was. Your eyes widened as he pinned you harshly. "Miss me?~" He cooed and laughed. His laugh was disgusting. You tried struggling under his grasp. "What? Why don't they believe you?" The clown pulled out a scalpel and lightly brushed it against your neck. You gulped as you felt the cold object on your warm, sweaty skin.

"L....let g..o.." You manage to spill out. 

"Hmmmm....youre right. Killing you like this won't be fun..let's make a deal, alright?" 

"..m.mmhmm"

"I'll let you live if you manage to find Hayley's limbs which are scattered around this small town" 

You felt sick to the stomach after hearing that sentence. 'FIND HAYLEY'S LIMBS?!' You thought as the clown laughed at you.

"Oh right, when I knocked you out, I had fun with Hayley's dead corpse. Anyways! If you don't succeed, I'll kill you." 

You swore that your heart stopped beating for a second or two. The clown lets go of you and searched for something in his pocket. He pulled out a paper and handed it to you. It was written in blood and it was a list of the limbs and rules. The limbs you had to look for were: Head, abdomen, legs, and arms. The rules were that you had to bring all the limbs back to the house by sunset of the next day. "Infront of the hous-" You looked at where the clown used to be but he wasn't there. 

Chills ran down your spine and you decided to start the search.