Chapter three

"So who's the hottie you can't keep your eyes off of?" Jumping a bit, Grace turned her head, seeing a bemused Lydia leaning against the lockers beside hers.

"I don't know what you're talking about Lyds?" Turning, she stuffed her books she would not need for tonight before shutting her locker. She tried to hide the blush that was slowly creeping up her cheeks with no success.

Rolling her eyes, she crossed her arms over her chest starring at Grace. "Please Grace give me a little bit of credit. As someone who used to scope out potential men I know when your checking someone out."

"That hottie would be the new transfer student Liam Dunbar. We have a couple of classes with him and this one couldn't stop starring" Ella informed Lydia, ignoring the pointed glare Grace shot at her. Ella was the first friend Grace had made when moving to Beacon Hills and the two had grown closer over the last few years, to the point Ella had been introduced to the Supernatural going ons of Beacon Hills a while back.

"Ok I was not starring at him. He happened to be sitting in front of me in most of the classes so I sort of had to look at him." Grace tried to no avail to defend herself. Looking at the identical smiles on both her friend's lips, she knew they weren't buying it. "Ok yeah he's hot. I have eyes I can appreciate that. But he's new and I barely know the guy."

"But you want to get to know him huh." Ella winked suggestively as she closed her locker as well.

"Who wants to get to know who?" Malia joined the group, Kira right behind her.

"It seems our little Grace has a crush on the new guy." Lydia told them, beaming like a proud mother. Grace sighed, leaning back against the lockers. Her eyes drifted back down the hall way before landing back on Liam. He stood with his Mason as they were joined by their other friends Garret and Violet. The couple were also new, having transferred only a few weeks back. She couldn't help but smile as she watched him laugh at something Mason said, noting the dimples on his cheeks.

"Yeah looks like she has it bad." Kira said, smiling with the others as they watched Grace.

"Ok if we're done analyzing my love life or lack thereof, we should be heading out. I still have to finish up some travel plans for yours guys "trip"". The group turned and made their way down the hall away, not before Lydia noticed a certain transfers eyes lingering on Grace.

____________________________________________________________________

The Next Day

"Liam calm down it was the first test of the semester. You'll have plenty of other chances." Not really listening to Mason, Liam continued to stare down at the paper in front of him, a large red F starring back at him. It was only his second day and he was already falling behind.

"I need to keep grades up in all my classes if I want to play on the lacrosse team and I suck at languages. Why the hell is this even a requirement?" Stuffing the offending paper into his backpack, the two headed down the hallway towards the cafeteria.

"I'd help if I could man but I'm taking Spanish. But I think I know someone who could." Liam followed Masons eye line, stopping when they landed on a head of red curls. "Grace took French last semester and passed with flying colors. Plus, her family's part French or something like that. Maybe she could help you out. Mr. Lawrence said he would let you do a retest this Friday if you wanted."

"Maybe your right." The idea of spending a bit more time with just Grace definitely piqued Liam's interest. Having only known her for one day, he couldn't deny the fact that he had found her attractive. He had also liked her personality, how easy going and friendly she had been when they met, making him feel even more welcomed at his new school. He really only had Mason, who he had known since elementary school, and Garret but seeing as they had only met a few weeks before hand through Mason, Liam hadn't really known too many people at Beacon Hills. It was nice to feel like he belonged, especially after the fiasco at Devenford.