Chapter 6

To be honest, I didn't expect that answer. I was taken aback, but I didn't say anything. Matty smiled at me, satisfied with his answer.

I haven't felt like this in a long time. Every time our eyes meet, I feel intoxicated and I doubt it's the beer.

As the night goes on, I try to concentrate on the conversation we are all having. Marc said that Matty and Kate are on the same college, but different field. He studies Graphics. He is 22 years old and the five of them have been friends since childhood.

   Around 3am, mom calls me and I excuse my self to answer. I get out of the bar and fresh night air hits my face.

"Hi mom"
"Where are you?"
"At a bar, why?"
"You didn't call and I was worried"
"I was busy, sorry. I'm with Kate, I don't know when exactly I'm coming home" I answer in hurry the things she wants to hear, because I want to go back inside as soon as possible.
"Okay, I'm going to sleep. Have fun, sweetheart".
I say goodnight and get back in. As I come up to the table, me and Matty make eye contact. When I'm near him, I feel a strange tension. It's not that I like him, though. He's just interesting. Or whatever.

"Everything okay?" Kate asks when I sit down.
"Yeah, my mom wanted to make sure I'm okay" I reassure her.

She seems a bit drunk, but Marc has his arms around her and whispers something in her ear, so I can't ask her if she's okay.

I raise my glass to drink some beer, but as I do, some drops escape my lips, going all the way down to my chin and neck. Matty reaches out his hand and touches the line the drops made, from my bottom lip to the end of my neck.

I immediately get goosebumps. I try so hard not to let a moan escape from my parted lips. He brings his finger to his mouth and lick it. I look worried at the others to see if they saw something, but they look too busy talking. I turn again to him.

"What are you doing?" I ask him, practically whispering.
"I'm wiping the beer." he answers casually.
"Guys we should go, I have to open the cafè tomorrow morning." Marc suddenly says. And he saves the night, because I really don't know what I should say to Matty.

Outside the bar, Marc and Kate hug for goodnight, while the guys are saying that we should hang out again next weekend. I look at Matty and he winks at me. I try my best to smile and grab Kate by the hand, heading quickly to the park.

"Anna slow down, I feel a bit drunk." she growls. But that's not an option right now. Soon enough, we reach her apartment, I unlock it and put her to sleep.

   I get to my place, go straight to my room, close the door, lean on it and, finally, let out a big sigh. What was that today? Why is he doing this? I feel a strong sexual tension built inside me. I don't feel in control around him, at all. Oh god, I start feeling things, time to go to sleep.

   The next six days passed smoothly. At work things get each time. Marc is really funny and the three of us get along really well. At home, sadly, things aren't the same. Every time I walk to my mom's room, there is a strong smell of alcohol. She started drinking again. Constantly. But we don't talk about to. The truth is, I'm really tired mentally to try and persuade her to stop. She acts strong in front of me, but every night I hear her crying or shouting in her sleep.

    Today is Friday and I have an afternoon shift, which I prefer.
Yesterday Marc told us to go clubbing tonight. Kate is so happy, because he flirts with her all the time. I think they'll hit it off pretty soon.
As for Matty, I haven't seen him since last week. I can't lie, I obviously want to see him, but it's better this way. I haven't told Kate, yet. I think I'm not ready to admit anything for now.