Chapter 18

"Wow, intense," Zay said and then gestured for me to start.

"Lucas I'm sorry for betraying your trust, I'd like to think we're friends and friends don't go behind each others' backs so I am sorry and err yeah."

"Now that everything's out in the open, what do you guys think about a prank on the royals that rebuffed our little princess?"

Suffice to say everybody was surprised to hear those words come from Brandon, but after the initial shock set in everybody -rather enthusiastically- agreed .

We made our way to the parking lot, the fallen princess hand in hand with the homewrecking reader, the 'perfect' prince with the fierce blonde warrior on his back and the notorious rebel alongside the comic with a cast on his leg.

What a sight we must've been.

Cheerleading, Football and Baseball practice was over in about 20 minutes and if wanted to follow through on Zay and Brandon's plans we needed to get started.

Riley volunteered herself and Maya to go get the supplies.

"That's interesting," Zay noted, marking the cars we were targeting with post-its.

"Yeah, they're either gonna come back calm and as friends or Maya's gonna be the only one coming back," Brandon added.

Lucas and I shared the same look, worry.

Thankfully, they came back smiling arm-in-arm and with large bags of what I presume was 10× the amount we told them to get.

We set to work .

Brandon used his pocket knife to slash the tires.

Lucas saw that each car was covered in a tray of broken eggs.

Zay threw raw fish in the cars glove compartments.

Riley and I covered Tiffany's - the one that told the rest of the royals to ignore Riles- with cellophane wrap.

And Maya keyed all of them.

When we finished we took a second to admire our work and then we bolted to the detention class, laughing our asses off in the process.

The next day I was in English when I knew we were in trouble.

"Lucas Friar, Maya Hart, Zay Babineaux, Brandon Knight, Farkle Minkus and Riley? uhm Riley Matthews please report to the principles office. Now!"

I had gotten Maya in the halls on the way to the office and she seemed calm about the whole thing, I took this as some reassurance that everything would be alright.

Everything was indeed not alright.

Apparently we had caused hundreds of dollars of damage, and unless we paid for it we could go to court and potentially get jail time.

That was the first time I saw worry in Maya's eyes, and if there was one thing that could scare me it was that.

"What are we gonna do?" These were the first words said after we left Mr. Matthews office and from the sound of Riley's voice, she was not going to ask her dad for the money.

Everybody, besides Maya, started to think of plans as we walked back to class.

"I can pay."

"Farkle, no we-", Riley objected.

"Look, I can afford it. My dad owns Minkus international, a few months of allowance will cover the cost."

"I can help too, the ranch my parents own is pretty profitable and my pay isn't half bad." Lucas added.

"My business is doing pretty well too," Zay said, the business he was referring to was a covert operation where he charged people for the things like answers to tests, completed - A-worthy - assignments and essays.

How he got things like the answers to the tests was a mystery to me, but hey he was successful.

We were talking about how we were gonna split the money when Maya walked off.

Any ideas as to why Maya walked off? Let me know in the comments.

And as always if you're enjoying the story and/ or think it's good : Vote. Comment. Add to your Reading List. Recommend & Fan.

- Cassidy ➶