C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N

Sarah's POV.

The day after our date, Alex said that he had an important meeting with some clients in California and that he had to leave. I felt a little sad but I didn't stop him from going. He asked me if I wanted to go with him but I declined. I wanted to find a job. I had to help my mom.

But, the problem is that I can't find a job.

It's so freaking hard to find a suitable job! Or maybe it's just hard for an idiot like me.

I kept searching on different sites but no luck. I'm useless.

I sighed with frustration and scowled at my laptop as I slammed it shut. There must be another way.

I took out my phone and called Anna, she had given me her number saying that she wanted to have more connection.

She picked up the call after the second ring,

"Hey Sarah!! How's it going?"

"Hey Anna, I'm good, I just need you to do me a favor." I said through the phone.

"Sure, what is it?"

"Could you please find me a job? I'm searching for a job for so long but I've got nothing."

"A job? Yeah sure! My friend has a pastry shop and she really needs more staff members to help her. Would that be okay?" She asked.

"That's awesome! Thanks so much!"

"Okay then I'll tell her and she'll meet you tomorrow. Kay?"

"Thank you so much! You're the best!"

"No problem. I'll see ya later. Bye!"

"Bye."

I ended the call and exhaled in relief. I guess this is my only chance.

Someone rang the bell and I walked up to the door. I looked through the peep hole, Nicholas stood in front of the door, hands in his pockets.

I opened the door and flashed a grin at him. He smiled.

"Hey Nicholas," I greeted.

"Sarah, could you come with me for a sec? I just wanna show you something. It won't take long. I swear." He pleaded.

I frowned in confusion.

"O-okay, sure no problem." I said as I closed the door behind me. We started walking up to his house.

"What do you wanna show me?" I asked with curiosity as we walked up to his front porch.

"You'll see." He said.

But before he could take me inside, my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller ID, a sudden wave of happiness flew through my body.

It was Alex.

"I'm so sorry Nicholas. But I gotta take this. I'll be right back." I said as I didn't even spare a glance at him and walked away.

I answered the call.

"Sarah," his smooth voice called from the phone.

"Alex," I said looking down.

He sighed sharply. "I've been wanting to hear your voice for so long. It's been two days but it feels like two years." He said.

"Hey Alex," I said, not knowing how to reply to what he just said.

He chuckled. "Hey...my Sarah."

"So how's it going in California?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"Boring without you. I wanna see you so bad." He replied making my heart beat faster.

I smiled. "You're gonna come back tomorrow right? Then you can see me." I said.

"I wanna see you right now. Right in front of me. I wanna see your bright smile. Your pretty little eyes. I wanna see everything."

"Alex, you can do all that tomorrow. For now concentrate on your work. Okay bye." I said.

"Wait!" He stopped me before I could end the call.

"What?" I asked.

"I love you. Okay bye." He said and ended the call.

I looked back at Nicholas but he wasn't there. I looked around trying to find him. But he was nowhere to be found.

I went back home and locked the door.

But before I could turn around a napkin covered up my face. I tried to scream but I was getting dizzy.

As expected darkness consumed me and I fell unconscious.

---------------
Song: dangerous woman by Ariana grande

Ding ding ding!

Another chapter!

I hope you like it!

Peace out!