XXIV.

"Juliet," my dad greeted me pleasantly as I walked into the kitchen.

"Father," I said flatly.

I was in no mood for pleasantries. Not only because it was Monday morning, but also because yes, I was still mad at him. Maybe my attitude was bordering on childish, but I really didn't care. He absolutely deserved the cold shoulder after putting me on the receiving end for years.

"Hold on," he shot his arm out to stop me from going to the garage. "You don't want anything to eat before school?"

"I'm not hungry," I tried pushing his arm away to continue on my way. "Excuse me."

"Is there a particular reason why you're so mad at me?" He asked, picking up his mug of coffee to take a sip. "Because the attitude has been going on for a while now."

"The list is pretty long, and I would hate to be late for school so maybe some other time," I side stepped around him and started for the garage door. "See ya."

"Alright, I cause I'll just keep the present for myself then," he sighed.

My heels skidded to a stop, and my hand paused on the door knob. I turned around, my interest and my love of presents getting the best of me.

"Present?"

"Ohhh, now you're interested in what I have to say," he smiled knowingly.

"I've always been interested in what you have to say, Daddy. You're the person I respect and love most in this world," I smiled sweetly, rushing back over to him. "So, what did you get me? Is it the triangle handbag from Balenciga I've been dropping hints about?"

"Better," he stood.

"Better than a Balenciga handbag?" I paused and then gasped. "A Chanel handbag!?"

"Nope," he motioned for me to follow him, and he headed out of the kitchen.

I ran after him eagerly, my mind racing with the possibilities of what he could have gotten me. Was I aware this was yet another one of the "Guilty Presents" my dad bestowed upon me when he needed to alleviate his own guilt and appease me? Absolutely, but I would take it all the same.

We stopped at the foyer, and he turned to me.

"Alright, close your eyes."

I slapped my hands over my eyes, parting them ever so slightly, so my vision wasn't completely obscured. However, everything went completely dark when I felt a bigger pair of hands encase mine.

"It's like you don't trust me," I said, trying to come across as offended as I possibly could.

"I don't trust you, you're sneaky," he began to guide me forward.

"If I'm sneaky it's because I'm daughter," I heard the door creak open, and then a breeze hit me as I stepped outside. "Oooh, its outside? Wait! It's a- is it a-"

The second his hands dropped, a scream came from my mouth.

"A car!" I jumped up and down at the sight before me. "My car!"

I ran up to the Range Rover we had picked out at car dealership weeks ago. A trip that had completely skipped my mind.

I petted the white coat of the car with adoration and squealed when I saw the white leather seats with lavender stitchings through the window.