VII.

"Okay, so according to the Second of Law of Thermodynamics, the tendency is for entropy to...?"

I shaded in the sketch I was doodling in my notebook, humming to  myself.

"Juliet."

I tilted my head, studying the dress I had drawn. Something was missing...

"Juliet?"

Maybe a repeated pattern would make it a little less plain, or a thick band around the middle. I could probably eliminate the sleeves as well-

Suddenly the notebook was snatched away. My jaw dropped, and my head snapped to the left to glare at Arsen.

"Hey!" I tried to grab the notebook, but he pulled it out of my reach. "Give that back."

"We're suppose to be studying Biology," he snapped. "Not fashion and design."

"Well, excuse me for being bored out of my everlasting mind," I snapped back. "I don't give a shit about any of this, and your monotone voice isn't exactly helping  my interest pique."

"My voice is not monotone," he frowned.

"Actually, it kind of is. I would work on that if I were you.  Now," I wiggled my fingers. "My notebook."

"Answer my question, and I'll give it back."

"What question?"

Arsen rolled is his eyes. "According to the Second of Law of Thermodynamics, the tendency is for entropy to...what?"

I paused. "How about you give me my notebook, and I'll consider giving you an answer to the question."

"Juliet," he snapped.

"Ugh," I rested my chin on my hand. "I don't now, pi?"

"What?" He gave me an incredulous look. "What the hell are you talking about? This isn't a math problem."

"Oh, oops," I shrugged. "Give me my notebook."

"What did I just say?"

"You said if I answered the question I can have it back which I did."

"You didn't even make an attempt," he said, beginning to sound agitated.

"I did so make an attempt," I argued. "How do you know I didn't make an attempt? You aren't in my mind. Are you?"

"Thankfully I am not."

I tried to grab it, but he leaned away much to my frustration. "Give it to me!"

"Answer the question, and I'll consider it."

"Oh, now you'll consider it? Ugh, I don't know!"

"Do you know why you don't know?"

"Because you suck as a teacher?"

"Because you aren't listening to me," he said. "How do you expect to learn any of this if you don't listen to me?"

"Don't know. Don't care. Now," I stood up slightly to lean over his lap to grab the notebook, and this time he let me. "Thank you."

Arsen sighed deeply and checked the time on his phone. "Alright, we're out of time anyway. We'll just...pick this up Friday."

"I can't wait," I allowed my sarcasm to drip from my words as I watched him pack up.

"I can," he muttered, swinging his bag over his shoulder.

I ignored the rude retort and got to my feet. "I'll walk you out."

Without waiting for him to answer, I walked out of the closet and exited my bedroom. I didn't bothering looking over my shoulder to see if he was following and ascended down the stairs, prying the door open as soon as I grabbed the knob.