Growing Up

It's been about five years since Dipper had come to be Bill's property. Five years since he made that life changing deal. Today, he would turn eighteen. Today, Bill would take him to join his family to celebrate his and Mable's birth just like he did for every single holiday or major event that was important to the Pine's family. Except president's day. Bill absolutely refused to allow that one to end up on the list, the thought of Dipper praising any higher power other than him irked him. If the teen hadn't convinced him that Easter and Christmas were actually about Family and not a name that's not aloud to be spoken, he wouldn't be allowed to join his family for those days. But of course, today, Bill was being stubborn and decided he wanted to sleep in. Even past noon.

Dipper was growing impatient, he had been up and dressed by at the latest nine A.M. and ready to walk out the door. Finally he'd given up on waiting and allowed a very dangerous idea to creep into his brain. After all, Mable always was the best a waking people up. Dipper should be able to pull it off. Before he can change his mind, Dipper bust into Bill's room and throws himself over top of the lazy dream demon screaming at the top of his lungs. "BILL!"

Instinctively, Bill shouts and flings Dipper onto his back, pinning him to the bed with his hands chained above his head to the headboard. "Dammit, Pine tree! What the hell is wrong with you! I could've ripped your head off!"

"I-I'm sorry! Y-you wouldn't wake up and we're a-already late, p-please don't be mad, master." Dipper whispers, clenching his eyes shut expecting Bill to punish him.

Bill sighs and releases the teen from beneath him. "Get up. I'll deal with you after we return home."

Rubbing his wrist once the chain's disappear, Dipper instantly rolls off the bed and onto his feet, watching as his master snaps his fingers to change from cozy sweat pants into his usual formal attire of yellow tux, black bow tie, top hat and cane. "I-I'm sorry, Master. I don't know what I was thinking."

Bill glares at the boy, hooking the handle of his cane around his neck to pull him in close. The demon smirks when Dipper begins to tremble while their noses touch. "Say it."

Dipper swallows the lump in his throat, growing accustomed to repeating the phrase so many times over the years. "I'm yours. Only yours. I belong to you and you alone, master." Bill's eyes soften and he places a gentle peck on the grown boy's forehead.

"Good boy, Pine tree." Bill's actions stun Dipper, making his eyes widen and his face heat up but before he can question it, Bill snaps his fingers. Blinking at his surroundings, Dipper realizes they're now standing on the porch of the Mystery Shack. "Ready, Pine tree?" Bill smiles when Dipper unknowingly clasps their hands together. "What's the matter, Pine tree? Getting cold feet?"

"Yes."

Bill blinks at the boy's honesty, surprised it didn't show up in his thoughts.

"It feels different this year...I...I'm scared they don't like me anymore..."

Smiling, Bill pushes him to the door. "Only one way to find out." He chuckles knocking on the door and receiving and immediate response by a tall young woman with long brown hair, her tips dyed a faint pink. She stood at Bill's shoulder, nearly a whole head taller than Dipper. Her lips painted a pale pink to match her eye shadow, her purple sweater coming down her knees and covering black leggings.

"Dipper?" She smiles, tackling the poor teen to the ground in a death hug. "Ah! It's so good to see you Dip-Dop! You're still short!" Mable laughs at your brother's expense before helping him to his feet.

Dipper sighs but smiles when Bill places a hand between his shoulder blades. "H-Hi Mable. Good to see you too. Who's all here?"

"Well, Wendy is in Wyoming for college. Soos and Melody got married and moved to Florida. Ford's off on a sailing trip and Stan went with him-"