It Begins...

Hicca woke up to the sound of her father, Stoick, yelling that a letter arrived by owl mail. It took her a minute to process what he said and jumped out of bed. She ran down and grabbed the letter. It wasn't from Durmstrang or Beauxbatons. Surprisingly it was from Hogwarts. Her mother had attended Beauxbatons before disappearing and her father attended Durmstrang. Being asked to attend Hogwarts instead of the other two was unexpected, to say the least. Her father didn't mind as long as she attended a Wizarding school. Due to her learning self-control early on in her life, she rarely had magic accidents. Stoick assumed that her magic was poor even though she had two magical parents.

Hicca was a beautiful child with wavy waist length brunette hair. She had green eyes that made one see a forest, but they were darkened every year her father was disappointed and her mother was missing. She was a little small for her age but would grow to be lithe. Her teeth were beautifully white but were just the slightest bit crooked. Her main attire consisted of an olive green blouse, brown slacks, and fur boots.

Soon after the letter arrived Stoick took Hicca to Diagon Alley to buy her school supplies. They stopped by the wand shop and waited for her turn. She got onto the platform and put her hand out. It took a little time for the wand to come to her, but when it did, it almost knocked her over. The shopkeeper asked if she was okay before explaining what the wand was exactly. The wand that picked her was made of ivy wood and the core was dragon heartstrings-not unlike her mom's wand. The shopkeeper passed the wand to her and asked her to perform a spell. She picked an easy one and moved a couple boxes from one shelf to another. Her dad paid for the wand and they finished shopping.

The day of her departure arrived and Hicca said her goodbyes to her father and her uncle Gobber. She hopped onto the train and sat in an empty compartment. The trip was mostly uneventful, except when a boy with a very different appearance entered her compartment. His hair was brown with white highlights. The most stunning feature were his eyes. One eye was brown, while the other eye was half Brown-half ice blue. He asked Hicca if he could join her and she said she didn't really care. He introduced himself as Jack. He explained that he was a child of a wizard and a muggle. Hicca warned him that while half-bloods were mostly accepted, they were still looked down upon. He thanked her for the information. She never told him her name and went back to looking out the window.

When they finally arrived Hicca left quickly and got on one of the many boats waiting for the first years. The boy with the interesting eyes followed her and got on too. He looked around in amazement as they left the dock and started to move towards the castle known as Hogwarts. Hicca and Jack were one of the first boats to arrive at the castle. They stood to the side waiting for the rest of the first years to arrive. Once everyone was there, they walked into the school to a set of large doors. They were told that this was the Great Hall and that they were going to be separated into four houses-Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, and Hufflepuff. They then entered the Great Hall.

As always they went in order of last name. The boy with the fascinating eyes went up, she found out that his full name was Jackson Overland-Frost. He was organized into the Slytherin house, he looked slightly confused and excited. Her turn soon came up and she walked up with a grace that she seemed to lack at home. She sat on the stool and waited for the hat to place her. It was having a hard time picking a house. It explained that she was cunning enough to be in Slytherin but loyal enough to be a Hufflepuff. She was exceptionally brave, making her a candidate for Gryffindor too. But what stood out the most was her intellect. The hat believed out of the four houses Ravenclaw would be the best choice for the girl. The Sorting Hat announced her as a Ravenclaw and she got up and walked to her table.

That was five years ago, Hicca was now sixteen and a well-known ice queen. As she got older Hicca became a beautiful girl. She walked with confidence but rejected every guy that asked her out. Currently, Hicca was walking quickly down the hall as the first day was about to begin for the school year. She entered and sat in her usual spot. She ignored the headmaster as he went through the usual speech and the usual sorting ceremony. It wasn't until she heard him say something about new schedules did she pay attention. He announced that Slytherin and Gryffindor would not be sharing classes anymore. It would be Ravenclaw and Slytherin from now on. Gryffindor would be sharing classes with Hufflepuff. Hicca was happy that the rivalry between Slytherin and Gryffindor would calm down some. It interrupted her studies when they fought and it really didn't help her Quidditch training. Last year she became her team's seeker and almost won the cup.

She finished her dinner and went to bed for the day. She was leaving the Grand Hall when a hand grabbed her arm. She paused for a minute and turned to find out that Frost had grabbed her. He lifted his hands up in surrender when she gave him a glare from hell.

"What do you want from me? "She spoke curtly.

He chuckled before taking, "I was wondering if you would give this poor male a chance to ask you out?

She looked right into his eyes and replied, "No. " That was all she said before she turned back around and walked to the Ravenclaw tower.