A New Side

AN: So like I said before all my author's notes will from now on be in a separate book, so if you want to know what's happening, all the info will be in there. So make everyone happy here is a new chapter to Icy Forest. Also the song above is one of my current favorites. I hope you like it.

Jack's first class was care of magical creatures, and when he entered, the professor told everyone to pair up. Jack watched as almost everyone, except him and Hicca, paired up with someone in their house. When they finally got to the last two people, Jack was ecstatic as it meant he got to work with the girl he was undoubtedly in love with. He walked over to her and looked into her eyes. Her eyes didn't seem as cold as they usually did.

She looked at him as he approached and he asked her "would you like to be my partner?" He smiled brightly hoping that she would say yes.

She replied with a chilled "fine."

The professor then proceeded with the lesson on the general safety needed to take care of magical creatures and the rules and expectations of the sixths years as they willingly choose to continue taking the class. The professor mentioned that they might be able to make a trip to the dragon sanctuary, and Jack watched as Hicca's eyes lit up with excitement.

He decided to ask her about it later.

The professor assigned them a section to read and told them to get to know their partners as homework. The class was therefore dismissed to start on the homework as soon as possible. Jack glanced at Hicca and got ready to ask if she would like to hang out, but he was cut off.

Hicca spoke quietly, but directly, "let's head to the courtyard and begin doing our homework as this class is highly dependent on us working together in a type of complacency. I believe the best way for us to get to know each other is to play a game called 20 questions. Some of the Muggle Ravenclaws taught it to me a few years back."

Jack quickly replied, "yea! That's the perfect way to learn more about each other!"

We headed to the courtyard and sat on the edge of the fountain. Jack turned to Hicca and thought of a few question that he could ask. He decided to begin with the basic ones.

"So Hicca what is your favorite color?"

"Either green or black. I can honestly never pick which. You?"

"Blue!"

"Alright. My turn what is your favorite magical creature?"

"I would have to say Hippogriffs. What about you?"

As soon as he asked that question, he could see her eyes light up with excitement. She started to speak louder with an enthusiasm that Jack was happy to bring out.

"I love dragons! I love learning about all the different breeds, and I hope to one day work in the dragon sanctuary training and helping dragons live in this quickly developing world. They won't be able to stay wild much longer as the population grows. So I want to be able to integrate them into wizarding society through care and kindness rather than force. My favorite of all time dragons is the Nightfury. There isn't much written on them since they are nearly extinct, but they are fast, strong and commonly dark colored like Hebridean Black."

Jack listened carefully trying to find out more about the mysterious girl that he fell in love with. Hicca continued talking about dragons for a little while longer before she realized that she was ranting. Hicca quickly quieted down and blushed.

She spoke quietly again, "I apologize I did not mean to take over the entire conversation."

Jack just laughed,"it's fine. The way you describe dragons makes me almost want to be at the sanctuary far sooner, then we are supposed to be. So don't worry."

Jack was surprised to see a small smile on her face from that comment. He was about to say something else, but like before she beat him to it.

"It is getting late, we should be heading to our next class. What class do you have? I have Transfiguration."

"I have Transfiguration as well. Would you like to walk together?"

"We should as we are going the same way." As Hicca replied she raised a brow at me as though saying 'how else would you get there then the same way as me.' I just laughed awkwardly and got ready to go.