Frosty Reception

Jack was five when he first discovered he was a wizard. He was playing with his dad waiting to meet his new sibling. Jack was sure that the baby was a girl and was so excited to meet get that he had his first magical incident. He accidentally frosted the ground he was running on and made his dad slip. He just started to freak out when his dad got up and told him that everything was fine. No one was hurt and it was an accident. His father then explained that this was a secret that couldn't leave the family or be told to the baby until they were old enough. Jack was fine with that. At the time, he had brown hair and brown eyes. Or at least he did until his magic started to show signs of specialization in all types of winter magic. His hair then slowly gained stands of white and his eyes slowly turned blue with each spell.

When he was eleven, he got a letter inviting him to Hogwarts to learn magic properly. His dad was ecstatic for him and his mother and sister were happy that he got to go but sad that he was leaving for a couple months. His dad took Jack to Diagon Alley, where he saw a pretty girl walking next to a large man. He tried to talk to her, but never got the chance. He got to meet her again on the trains to Hogwarts but was met with a frosty reception instead. He rode in the same car and the same boat but didn't really hear much from her. He couldn't even get her to tell him her name. He was thankful for the advice that she gave him (as it ended up helping him for the next couple years) and was excited when he saw the castle. In the back of his mind, he was really happy that she didn't care that his hair and eyes were different. At least he thought so since she didn't exactly say no when he sat down with her.

The next five years he tried to ask her out but they didn't have any classes together. Luckily, she rejected every guy that asked her out. Now he just needed to figure out how to get her to say yes. He thought of hundreds of ways to ask her out and knew none of them would work. When the headmaster announced that the Slytherin and Ravenclaw would have classes together, it made Jack happy. He decided to see if Hicca still remembered him and confess his love to her. He was met with an answer that made him shiver. A simple no that was coated in ice and locked with steel. Jack felt and saw little joy in Hicca. He decided it was his job and challenge to bring it to her.

He received his schedule and after talking to a teacher that he was friends with he got a copy of Hicca's too. She had taken the same exact classes as him, including care of magical creatures.

Jack went to bed thinking of ways to make first green eyes glimmer and an ice queen laugh. He hoped that whatever had caused the girl to close up could be solved by him. If only he knew how much had hurt her over the years and who had hurt her.